The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #26
jocko

Re: 72 Chevyenne Super with the Eagle package EBay

It just dawned on me that while we're all talkin about this thing, there are no pics for posterity in this thread! Before it sells and we lose track of it for another 40 years, here are some pics so folks can reference it in the future. I've never seen a Cheyenne eagle or a Hugger Orange one. Yeah, mod bods are a little goofy when you think about it - but if you were young(er) and impressionable back then - you probably thought they were cool, and probably still do. Well, maybe it's just me. Perhaps it's because it just reminds me of a simpler time, even with the huge graphics, ha! Would love to have it in the barn! And while this one is indeed nice enough to leave untouched, I would LOVE to see a restored one someday (hint hint to the guys with the graphics in their stash...) It's funny, I'd be MUCH more likely to buy one of these today than back then. Nice piece of history.
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #27
72 Super

Thankful Jocko! I tried to copy these pictures and post them. I couldn’t get them through.

Ray
Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #28
jocko

here's a sales poster/brochure(?) pic courtesy of Classic Bowties in the Eagle Edition thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=302215
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2018, 09:54 PM   #29
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
here's a sales poster/brochure(?) pic courtesy of Classic Bowties in the Eagle Edition thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=302215
Think I've seen a Blazer. Little Eagle Vega, neat.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:33 PM   #30
HO455
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
...probably the same marketing that came up with 'chicken on the hood' for the Trans-ams.
The 70's....some great music, but apparently a lot of bad style along with it...lol
(...and not in a good bad kind of way)

All good
Coley
In hindsight every generation has its share of bad style. The difference is the big bird on the hood of T/A's made them sell very well. And for six years GM was happy. When they quit putting the bird on T/A's sales plummeted. Maybe the market wasn't read for a Eagle Edition in 72. I wonder how it would sell in today's market. I'm sure in the right colors it would sell like crazy in Seattle.

I like the white truck version much better. I think it would be even better on a 67 without the marker lights.
All of this is just opinions and your results may vary.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:59 PM   #31
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I agree totally on the color of the truck making the difference. I like the white with the stickers.

I also like that 1776 one on the burb, but it almost should be on a 76 truck or burb. Ive never seen one of our trucks with that one.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:18 AM   #32
a1vintage69

Did anybody post this yet? http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=476146
a1vintage69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #33
jocko

Ok, well, it sold and someone got a smokin deal in my opinion. Hope it was a member
Old 02-06-2018, 12:40 AM   #34
BlueBullet

I wonder if Chevyland did end up buying it. I know he talked about it in his thread.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753294
BlueBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #35
flashed

Nope ,he did not buy it .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

So how much did it go for? I never did like graphics on vehicles. I like these now only because they reflect the times, pop art was popularized by Peter Max and for it's retro value. I didn't like graphics but I would not say these were a bad style. You can't look back from today's perspective and call something bad style from a contemporary standpoint. Imagine what people in '72 would think if they saw our styles today? Way out of place to say the least. This was not an option, it was an accessory you could have the dealer apply, some may have done some to put on the lot, or they could be purchased at the parts counter and applied by whoever.

Quote:
here's a sales poster/brochure(?) pic courtesy of Classic Bowties in the Eagle Edition thread:...
I also showed that ad in this thread, if anyone wants to enjoy some good literature:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...w+us+your+lits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I agree totally on the color of the truck making the difference. I like the white with the stickers.

I also like that 1776 one on the burb, but it almost should be on a 76 truck or burb. Ive never seen one of our trucks with that one.
Note that one wasn't available in NY or Wash,DC., probably due to the approaching bi-centennial Yeah, it seems early for the bicentennial, but they aren't playing that up, just the year our nation was born...Hot dogs, Apple pie, and Chevrolet! Besides, by '76 these trucks were still breaking in. I'm surprise they didn't do a Sestercentennial version for that coming up!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #37
chewychevy67

So did gm use a smooth tailgate on these trucks? I can't see the "CHEVROLET" stamped into the gate under the decals. Or did they use a metal piece like the Cheyenne s did?
chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #38
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
So how much did it go for? $4851

I also showed that ad in this thread, if anyone wants to enjoy some good literature:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...w+us+your+lits
Funny, I've found it in about 4 other places since I grabbed it there, have no idea who posted it first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
So did gm use a smooth tailgate on these trucks? I can't see the "CHEVROLET" stamped into the gate under the decals. Or did they use a metal piece like the Cheyenne s did?
THAT is a great question - I've wondered the same. I noticed that not all got the same tailgate decal, some had a different decal above the CHEVROLET letters. Orange truck just sold and the white one is one that member teeitup sold awhile back. Might have been trim-level specific?? Not a model year difference, both below are 72s. Didn't know/think there was a smooth tailgate back then...
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 02-06-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #39
Graham57a

One of my dad’s buddies was the successful bidder on eBay. It’s gonna make its way to NC for some preservation and some slight upgrades. I think the plan is fix the rust, new carpet, seat cover, new Steelies and hubcaps, and log some miles on this old girl.
Graham57a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #40
Graham57a

Quote:
THAT is a great question - I've wondered the same. I noticed that not all got the same tailgate decal, some had a different decal above the CHEVROLET letters. Orange truck just sold and the white one is one that member teeitup sold awhile back. Might have been trim-level specific?? Not a model year difference, both below are 72s. Didn't know/think there was a smooth tailgate back then...
If you look closely at the pics of the orange truck it looks like two black plates are screwed over the Chevrolet script on the tailgate.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #41
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham57a View Post
One of my dad’s buddies was the successful bidder on eBay. It’s gonna make its way to NC for some preservation and some slight upgrades. I think the plan is fix the rust, new carpet, seat cover, new Steelies and hubcaps, and log some miles on this old girl.
Right on!!
If you are around it when it hits the road again
Please post some pics
Or
Introduce your dads buddy to the site
So he can

Hopefully he has seen the thread
I’m glad it’s going to be left as is (for the most part)
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #42
Graham57a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
Right on!!
If you are around it when it hits the road again
Please post some pics
Or
Introduce your dads buddy to the site
So he can

Hopefully he has seen the thread
I’m glad it’s going to be left as is (for the most part)
I will absolutely post some pics to this thread as it arrives. If anyone wants pictures of anything specific let me know. If you are on Instagram check out piedmont_traction1270. It will definitely be preserved and cherished as it is.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:03 PM   #43
72 Super

Glad to see it’s going to a good home. Seemed like a good deal as well!

Ray
Old 02-06-2018, 10:40 PM   #44
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham57a View Post
If you look closely at the pics of the orange truck it looks like two black plates are screwed over the Chevrolet script on the tailgate.
Great news! Congrats to your dad's buddy. Once I blew the pic up, could see the screws, mystery solved, thanks Andrew!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #45
special-K
Special Order

Jocko, Mel posted that prior to me showing it in that "lits" thread. I had posted it in an older thread of it's own but that doesn't matter. I just took the opportunity to refer back to that thread thinking some may want to view it. A bit of a hijack I suppose. Guilty!

I love stuff like this, like a faded pair of jeans or favorite old t-shirt. If I was rich I would have a museum with this type of stuff. That JC Whitney shop truck would be another one

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote