The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
Grim Reaper

[rant]frikkin insurance idiots[/rant]

[rant]

Anybody else have stupid problems with their insurance companies?

Well My insurance company is a bunch of idiots when it comes to clerical. It's State farm and nobody has been able to come withing a $100 every 6 months to the prices I am getting on the fleet and house. Don't want to change but ticked off at their stuipd junk.

In GA they (DMV) went full electronic for insurance verification for residents. When this kicked in there was a verification run between the state records and insurance records on the VIN to confirm that it was correct. I got 2 letters saying there was problems at that time. Seems my agents office help is all dysflexic, write illegably and deaf. Everything checked out with the state records on both the registration and the Tittles at that time.
On the 79 K5 they turned a "S" into a 5 and transposed two digits. It took four times to fix that problem.
On my Supra they again got digits transposed. 3 times on that one.

Now that was a year ago. Yesterday they called me to tell me the VIN they have on record cannot possibly be correct for my 75Jimmy. Vins do not start with "T" and there is not enough digits is what the office wench is telling me. So I verify the Vin is correct on the truck at both the door frame and glovebox sticker for what they have and it matches both Tittle and registration and it does. TKY185FXXXXXX is the Vin I ran it through a couple online converters and all agree 1975 GMC 1/2 ton 3504bbl built in Flint MI.

Freaking idiots! want me to get them a photo copy of the registration now to verify their faulty computers are wrong. I'm about to park the damn thing in their lobby and let them read the vin themselves.

Ohh yeah I did a review on my coverages. I have been with the same insurance and my main policy has been with them since the 80's. Well I only had $25k in property damage (what insurance would pay out if I totaled somebodies car and expect me to pay above that). Like you can buy anything but a hundi for under $25k these days. Bumped that up to $50k. Its about $5 every 6 months on each vehicle. Might wanna call your agents if you have old policies and make sure they refelce current values.

[/rant]
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
oldraven

Yeah, I just went through similar ****e with my insurance yesterday. Well, not similar, but pretty damn bad.

I called up to have my parking insurance removed from the T-bird and insurance taken off the truck. I do this every summer and have problems every damn time.

The wench informs me that I'm not on the policy. The policy I've been paying on for three years. That means we've been paying for two people and only covered for one. Could you imagine. Three years driving daily, and usualy above the speed limit, with no insurance. I also can't adjust my policy, and have to get Angela to do it for me.

I'm a nice fellow and never get rude or upset with people, but that's just beyond what I can take. I tore into her and called Ange to take care of it. She called, got hold of a guy who knew his arse from a hole in the ground, and found out I am on the policy, just not the cards. I was assured that my name wasn't on cards because I'm not primary driver.

Supid ****ing *****! Well, my name is now on all the cards and on the policy where any dumb ****e can see it for next year.

'87 TurboCoupe 2.3Turbo intercooled 5-spd
www.cardomain.com/id/oldraven

'93 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L
oldraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:18 PM   #3
Prerunner1982

i have state farm as well, my family has been using the same agent for about 25+ yrs. Glad i dont have your agent, i have never had problems with mine, i have been quite impressed with the way the have handled the 5 or so wrecks i have had since i turned 16.
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:22 PM   #4
1969 GMC

i swear that the only purposes of the insurance company are to take your money and piss you off. when i bought my truck, they would not let me insure it immediately because (according to them) the VIN# was too short, and I had the wrong number. welp, after a bunch of unnecessary phone calls, guess who was wrong?

i'm having more fun with them now...i parked my truck so i can work on it, and bought my Buick. i had non-commercial truck plates on the GMC, and it was my dd until parked, w/ around 90k original miles. i have the buick registered, its a clean '88 lesabre with one little old lady as a p/o who bought it new, 77k, in pretty fantastic shape. for some reason, the buick is $250 more a year to insure than the truck. WTF?
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:32 PM   #5
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Prerunner1982
i have state farm as well, my family has been using the same agent for about 25+ yrs. Glad i dont have your agent, i have never had problems with mine, i have been quite impressed with the way the have handled the 5 or so wrecks i have had since i turned 16.
Ohh I have had the same agent for 20 years and he was my parents agent since 79. He personnaly is great. Me we had a washing machine freak out and flood my house he was standing in my living room 15 minutes after I called him making phone calls on his cell phone to get a company to come out and get the house dried out.
Its his stupid office staff! they are all stupid or something.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #6
75-K5
Bucket of Bolts

Grim, did you read about the guy on CK5 who has State Farm and all the crap he's had to go through? We have State Farm too and have had good luck so far, but we also haven't had any major incidents other than my Dad's motorcycle accident 2 years ago, and they were good to us during that, so I don't really know my position on Snake Farm at the moment. When I get old enough where I have to get my own insurance not under my parents' name, I will probably go elsewhere, though.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #7
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I deal with insurance companies every day, all day. State Farm is one of the best to deal with. There are a whole lot worse companies to deal with. Besides, the agent's office staff is probably just above minimum wage. Even though that is who you deal with, it's not the ins. company's fault. It's just like idiots in any other office, like the doctor's office.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
Low87
been here longer than Liz

I've used just about every major insurance company under the sun for my truck. I switched to State Farm a few years ago after one of their customers rear ended my car. I was impressed with how they handled it. Even when I got a hospital bill a year later (idiots in medical billing, whole other post) they paid it. My agent is awesome, calls to check on things and will notify me of ways to save a few $.

'87 SWB 6/8 drop "Piso"
'08 CCSB Silverado DD
the departed
'89 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 "Rusty Nuts"
'77 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
'83 Chevy stepside

"You get what you pay for" - Mike 'swervin ervin' Ervin

Last edited by Low87; 04-29-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Low87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:22 PM   #9
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

I love my state farm coverage. Have had the same agent since I was 16 and lived next door to him for 10 years! lol

They handle everything I have ever had with no questions asked

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote