The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #1

blinker doesn't turn off after turn

I did a search and found nothing.

Is the blinker suppose to turn off after you finish the turn?
From what i remember, my previous truck's blinkers did turn off, but i could be wrong it's been about 8 years.

I only drive the truck about 3 days a week.
I keep forgetting to turn off the blinker after a turn.
I feel like a idiot after i realize it's still on.

I know how annoying it is to be behind someone who leaves the blinker on.
337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

There's a plastic piece inside the column, It has a spring attached. Usually,,,,,,,, The plastic tab breaks that holds the spring, Very inexpensive, And not to hard to change. You have to pull the steering wheel to get to it. It's called a turn signal cam.
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
71swb4x4

Mine just did that also. There are 2 springs, and one of my springs had broken. I bought 2 new replacement springs for a couple bucks and it works like new.
It could also be the plastic piece that Ron is talking about, but be sure to check the srpings too, could be a real cheap fix for you.

Shawn
Old 04-29-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
71swb4x4

Here is a pic. The springs are the loopy things, very easy to replace once the steering wheel is off. They are hooked on the plastic cancel cam that Ron was talking about.

Shawn
71swb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:08 AM   #5
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

And the springs can be bought for next to nothing at your GM dealer. Very generic part, they should know exactly what you are talking about.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:10 AM   #6

Thanks for the info guys.
It looks like I'll be replacing my steering wheel with the one I've been wanting since I'll have to take the original off.

One more question, where did you find the parts(turn signal cam, springs). - thank longhorn - i was too slow to post this.

OT - Hey ron, i see your a jeweler, do you have any suggestions on removing fog on the inside glass of a fossil watch?
337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:15 AM   #7
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Quote:
Originally posted by 337
Thanks for the info guys.
It looks like I'll be replacing my steering wheel with the one I've been wanting since I'll have to take the original off.

One more question, where did you find the parts(turn signal cam, springs). - thank longhorn - i was too slow to post this.

OT - Hey ron, i see your a jeweler, do you have any suggestions on removing fog on the inside glass of a fossil watch?
If you are getting Fog ( moisture) inside of the watch, it's leaking somewhere,,

Couple of ideas !!
Is the watch waterproof ?? Not just water resistant, But Waterproof. If it's just water resistant, It's not meant to take in the water at all, No showers, bathtub, no doing dishes etc.... Water resistant is for the occasional, splash of water.
If it is water proof, and it's getting moisture inside, The seal could be leaking,if you had the battery replaced, and the person doing the replacing, either didn't put the seal back in place, or left it out altogether...
Or, the bushing, or seal around the Stem, ( the piece that goes inside the watch to wind it) is leaking or worn..

Quick fix.... Put the watch under a light bulb, 6" or so away until the "FOG" has dissapated..
If water keeps getting into the movement, It will wreck ( rust) the insides.. So either keep it away from water, or take it to a jeweler, ( not WalMart) and have them look at it..

Hope this helps.

Any of the Vendors here on the boards, will have the cam or Spring replacement. Or I seen them at Auto Zone . It was on some Pegboard where they keep the little "HELP" thingies..
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote