The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2018, 02:25 AM   #1
WOLFMANmike

changing from a single bowl master cylinder to a double bowl

ok guys so here is the question right now im a single bowl 4 wheel drum truck .. im keeping the drum for now . but i want to switch over to a double bowl master non Power so the question is this 1 what year master will i need and will bolt right up without having to cut or modify the firewall ? number 2 i have the stock pushrod now .after putting on the dbl bowl master will it work with the stock push rod ? or do i have to buy a adjustable push rod ? if so can you give me a part number and the place to buy it .. and number 3 what do i have to do to the line to make it work with a dbl bowl master ? and lastly once this is done and i change over to a front disk brake set up . im still not going power can i still use it with the disk brakes or do i need to but a whole new master and change everything lines and push rod and all ? thanks again for the help
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:19 AM   #2
vince1

Re: changing from a single bowl master cylinder to a double bowl

A MC from a 67 will bolt right on no push rod adjustments needed. People in the know on this forum state that the front port goes to the front brakes which means it goes to the left tee fitting at the cross member as I recall. The other goes to the right hand tee fitting on the cross member and that is where you separate the front brakes from the back using whatever plug and union that is appropriate. I found them at a local auto parts store.

I don't know for sure about the disk brake MC. It may be more appropriate to get one now in anticipation of putting disks on later so you don't have to do it twice. I think the reservoir to the disks is larger.
vince1 is offline   Reply With Quote