The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
CSHADES

Re: project 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSHADES View Post
Just to give you guys a peek at what I think I am going to use as a third brake light. I have to figure out how to make it work. The bottom of it is a lantern that is supposed to swing and light up when you hit the brakes. The problem is the swinging part uses a vacuum motor to do that. I have no idea how to rebuild or find someone to rebuild the motor on it. Anybody have any ideas?
One of the guys in the shop have been working on a plan to make this light swing the way it is supposed to. What he ended up doing was using a small servo like they use in a RC car. He got it mounted in the top of the light fixture and I took it home over the weekend and figured out the connection from the servo to the paddle inside that was part of the original vacuum motor. I also had to get a bulb and socket to fit in the same area. It was a bit like fitting n10lbs of s#$t in a 5lb bag. It uses a programed controller to do the swing and stops in the center when you remove the signal wire power(brake switch input). I am grateful this guy has the knowledge to get all this to work the way it should. So now I just need to do the mount on the front of the box and then disassemble it for chrome.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote