The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #26
upon1

Re: Throttle problem

Well I tried the older pedal and he gave me a different tac to try ( part number 12573059). This tac is still an 2003-06. The result was the same. I think I'm going to have to find someone else that can change the red connector to green and Get a new pcm and tune.
upon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #27
LH Lead-Foot

I think you still have miss-matched parts. You indicated your project donor was a truck? 2003 is a LS2 early, iron block, Gen III.
The pedals can be adjustable height, but if not, your AAP sensor should be a 15264643, with a TAC module 12588923.
I will find the time and upload a connector end views with circuits for each and schematics for the TAC system later today.

I believe your wire harness supplier has done a diss-service to you, without asking the right questions or getting the correct information to help build the harness using the DBW system. The components used are mostly truck/suv are model years 2003 - 2005. The TAC module should have an aluminum back with a plastic front cover. Also, the PCM off my 03 Tahoe has GRN / BLU connectors. I don't know what the GRN / RED would fit.
Best of luck.
LH Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #28
upon1

The blue red pcm fits the 2001-02. He is unwilling to help me anymore and says it’s not his fault. He wants me to try a throttle body from a 2000-02. I told him these had two plugs not one like my harness is made for (correct me if I’m wrong) and won’t work with his harness. Can I use this harness and switch the red connector on the pcm to a green and get a 2003-2007 pcm? Is it the just a different connector and pin configuration or do wires in the harness need to be changed?
Old 03-29-2018, 04:58 AM   #29
ls1nova71

You're right that the '01-02 throttle body wont work with your wiring. If you rewired it, had the all plastic TAC and a metal pedal, then it would work that way, but there are differencesin the intakes that dont make it easy to add the older throttle body. Getting a '06 PCM would be the easiest solution.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #30
LH Lead-Foot

With all that has been discussed on this topic of parts of different years and applications, I truly feel your pain & frustration. Every one had strong area's of knowledge and others... not so much. Wiring and being comfortable with my DMM, amp clamp, ohms law, etc. The flat rate at my first shop was $6.00 an hour. The dealer was $20. Electrical repair and finding the root cause was crucial and under warranty, the code was EL-XX with the time clock showing the amount of time. Wiring is expensive and has greatly improved over the years. I am lucky to have 7 OEM Kent-Moore trays with over a 1000+ terminals, plus 4 KM pliers to crimp the core, insulation and weather-pack seals, so I build my own harness. I solder butt joints then shrink tubing follows. Dielectric grease flows into ever connection, bulbs, even my flash lights.
But I am addressing your issue by providing connector pin out charts and schematics for you DBW system for Truck / Utilities w/5.3L gen-III cast iron from 2003 to 2005. I have not found any parts going into 2006 and have not looked at anything older. Best of luck and hope the photos turn out helpful. I would guess one could "PM" me and I could email the pic's if needed.
It's too bad your harness guy bailed on you.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #31
LH Lead-Foot

Just one more schematic as the limit is 5.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #32
upon1

After going back and forth with the guy that built my harness he finally got it figured out. He wanted me to try different throttlebodys, tac modules and this and that but was certain the 411 pcm would work with an 03 motor. He still couldn’t get it fixed so I finally convinced him to change the pcm and tac to all the same yr of vehicle and what do you know, it’s all good now. Thanks for all your help!
Old 04-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #33
LH Lead-Foot

I am glad you got your head ache fixed. I don't know what a "411 PCM" is. I that a brand or something else? I have seen it mentioned in other post.
I have the disadvantage of being a dealer tech working with year, make, model, VIN number and production date as parts changed mid model year from first design to second design. A high fail rates with a part, will create the Regional Service Manager to gather those parts, ask question of the tech, then send a batch back. Engineers will confirm thru testing that a problem with a part is valid. I have had phone calls to get extra info from engineering at SPO. They may change the type of plastic, design, or other. This results in a new part number and a tech bulletin.
Thanks if you can tell me what a 411 PCM is.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #34
upon1

It’s just a part number on the pcm. It’s said to be a more diverse pcm to use or so I understand.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #35
LH Lead-Foot

Very interesting. The last four digits of the part number. OK, now I know. Thanks. A kind of short hand used everywhere. I am trying to catch up with the "Lingo".

I am so old that the high school brought a Beta Max, my younger brothers first truck had scoops on the connecting rods to get oil, no pump or filter. Air cleaners had a quart of oil to screen dirt, June bugs and other debris. The phone was wood and the operator who connected the call, was named Beulah. Oh my gosh, I just realized perhaps I was in Mayberry with a kid called Opie live on the other block!