The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Overdriven

Re: Air Tank Mounting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Overdriven - from my experience guys usually run higher pressure for more "pop" during playtime. More pressure= faster lift if the valves can move the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyllib View Post
I have decided that I will cut off the tanks mounts I made and redesign them so the drain valve is pointing down. I will also get a different pressure switch so that it only goes to 150psi. This is what I should have done to begin with. I don't really need the extra speed or play time, probably at first once I'm done building it but when the excitement wears off I will be ok. I'm a old guy and just like to keep up with the kids these days.
I didn’t even think of playtime, probably because I want to install limiters so my truck raises and lowers more slowly and smoothly. Not into the bounce or cycling the suspension very much, but to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
and there it is.. a spec to use for making a decision, thank you!
That was the goal with quoting the spec and my experience with tanks of similar construction. I had to resist the urge to give anything resembling a recommendation and just provide info. As you said they are potentially dangerous and you’re better off err’ing on the side of caution.

Last edited by Overdriven; 05-17-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote