The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
hevymetl

66 c10 long bed mounts

Are these bushings correctly installed on my truck? Ive looked up bed mounting kits and don't see these rubber blocks listed anywhere. Wondering if they're even supposed to be there.
Attached Images

hevymetl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
hevymetl

Re: 66 c10 long bed mounts

I'm basically trying to figure out why my body lines are about an inch off, cab low. Here's another pic with the rear cab mount in view. Cab bushing doesn't look like it's an inch degradated.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
DLW

I have never seen bushings installed on the beds of these trucks myself. Mine has no bushing/spacers at all. Those have to be causing your misalignment issue.
DLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
hevymetl

I was kind of thinking that after looking at it then doing a search for mounting kits. Does the bed just sit on the mounts? Any shim or washer needed between them?
Old 05-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #5
DLW

Mine just sits directly on the mounts. I know they make some rubber pads you can buy that are about 1/8" thick or so. I tried them but they pushed my body line up so I removed them. Not sure why any padding would be necessary anyway except if need to shim for alignment issues.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:04 PM   #6
DLW

So from another thread, here is a quote from captainfab:

"Yes the plates on the bottom of the cross sills basically sit right on the frame and the mounts that are on the frame. There are rubber pads that you can buy that go between the cross sills and the frame/mounts. I have never seen a factory truck with them, but others have. Some of the plates on the cross sills will overhang the frame or the mount some, but as long as the holes line up, you're good. Also the mounts that are spot welded to the rear cross sill are supposed to sit on top of the frame. Take a close look at the pics that earl84 and 60-66 posted above."

Here is a link to that thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=628105

These are the pads, although I don't think our trucks came stock with them and certainly much smaller than the ones you have https://www.tuckersparts.com/bed-mount-pads-60-66/
Old 05-29-2018, 02:56 PM   #7
hevymetl

Wow. Thanks so much for the research. I got a bug in my ass and went and tinkered with it. Voila! Perfect alignment! I just need longer bolts now to go through top of bed into frame. Before the just had bolts through bed mounts and cross sills. The mounts they had on there had Land Rover printed on some of them.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #8
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevymetl View Post
Wow. Thanks so much for the research. I got a bug in my ass and went and tinkered with it. Voila! Perfect alignment! I just need longer bolts now to go through top of bed into frame. Before the just had bolts through bed mounts and cross sills. The mounts they had on there had Land Rover printed on some of them.
Perfect!

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
DLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevymetl View Post
Much better, looks like it's supposed to. Now makes me wonder why someone would put those hockey pucks on there pushing the alignment so far out of whack? That would have driven me crazy, lol..
Old 05-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #10
hevymetl

It did drive me crazy. I was always under the impression that the cab mounts were shot. When I bought it, the P.O. said he had had the bed mounts replaced so I figured it was gtg. So I just got a free inch of lowering, lol. Originally was thinking of lowering back 4” to get it level, that’s the number I came up with roughly with a string, level, and a tape measure. Once I get it all re-bolted tomorrow, I’ll remeasure. It actually looks so much better now, I’m not bothered as much by the rake.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:01 PM   #11
rvrfoot

I am glad you got it figured out.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote