The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done this weekend?

Since the site was down for updates I didn't get to post last night. Here's the Monday morning edition of the Sunday evening subject. What did you get done this weekend?

I was on call again this weekend so I didn't get much of a chance to work on my truck. Saturday it rained all day, and I drove around town working. Sunday after church, I went and bought shrubs for my back yard. I planted and pruned till dark.

About the time I was going to get started on my 77, I got another service call....

Not very "truck" productive this weekend....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

Washed and waxed the truck up real nice and went a cruised.

Oh, and I met CaptKaos and Low87on20s.
1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
79Chevypickup
MY TRUCK IS FOR SALE!!

Went and bought everything I need to swap out trannys ....
Getting ready to go outside and try and get it knocked out today...

F O R S A L E OR T R A D E
79Chevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
Izzy
Trucker.

Went to a small show in Royse City on Saturday and had a nice 3 hour drive home that should have taken 50 minutes. It was worth it thought the wife got First Place in her class and got this trophy:

Here are some pics:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286987913
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
Grim Reaper

Weather stunk so not much. Both the GM's are actually doing good right now. Both are running sweet. The burb needs a wax and they both need to be washed is the most pressing stuff on them right now.

Wife went to the store in the Burb Thursday and as she is closing the door the mirror glass fell out. She "Forgot" to tell me about it for two day's. I noticed it gone on Saturday. $4.99 and it's fixed. I don't care that it happend just tell me so I can fix it.

I HATE "forgot". She does that all the time with the vehicles. One of these "forgot"s is going to cost us a motor one day.

One time I hopped in it and the brakes are squealing like all hell. It was bad enough that it needed to be parked till it was addressed. Ask about it..."Forgot". How long? "about 2 weeks." Set of disc rotors later.

This is why I make it a point to rotate cars now so that I get some seat time in all of them and don't find any "Forgots".
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Low87
been here longer than Liz

Drove my truck all weekend, even in the rain (seem to have overcome that problem). I doubled my workload Saturday evening, I'll give details on that tomorrow. Sunday I worked in my dad's warehouse for a bit putting an order together for him. Took the dogs to the park, then came home & mowed while my wife moved our mandevilla into a nicer pot near our trellis. Cleaned out 1/4 of the garage until bedtime.

'87 SWB 6/8 drop "Piso"
'08 CCSB Silverado DD
the departed
'89 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 "Rusty Nuts"
'77 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
'83 Chevy stepside

"You get what you pay for" - Mike 'swervin ervin' Ervin
Low87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:36 AM   #7
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I pulled the carpet out of my 87, and powerwashed it within an inch of it's life. I don't guess I need to replace it after all. I also got to thinking maybe I need to redo the seat in Leather instead of the factory cloth, and get the door inserts covered in leather as well. I also hooked up the box for my satellite radio, just need to mount the antenna. I cleaned up the Mach 1, and my 87 IROC convertible as well. Trying to get it ready to sell. Pretty busy day.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #8
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

I went to Pigeon Forge TN to the truck show. We had a great time. I spent most of the time crusing(i.e. Marketing the possible sale of my truck). I met Bagged81 on Friday evening while crusing. I hooked back up with him on Saturday afternoon while waiting to meet CaptKaos. I finally met CaptKaos and we talked for about 20 minutes before his lady friends said that he had to go back to Alabama. It was great meeting both of you guys!

I didn't sell the truck, but ofcourse I set the price a little on the high side. I did leave the truck at my father in-laws house because he has two persons that want to take a look at it. If it doesn't sell, we will begin all the body work and paint it.

Here's a pic of Bagged81 and me parked on the side of the road watching people cruise.

Last edited by Low87on20s; 11-04-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Low87on20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #9
Eyegore
What Hump?

Well my son and I went and purchased an 80 shortbed adnhad it towed home to replace his stolen truck. Ended up with one needing substantial work, still waiting for the insurance co. to settle. The truck we picked up needs a front clip, radiator support, radiator, it will be a while befre we get it up and running, hopefully we'll have pics tomorrow.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #10
KShortell

Relandscaped the "estate". Mulched the front flower beds with filter cloth and cedar mulch. I actually planted some flowers for color, too. I've only been trying to get around to this for five years... I also installed edging, filter cloth, and mulch around 3 trees. Mowed, planted seed, and used my "special mix" of soil and grass clippings for good measure as a protective cover.

Not to be neglected, I did get around to washing the trucks as well.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #11
gldevall

Went 4-wheeler riding. installed the "tweaked" traction bars back on the truck and watched it rain.
-2004 Z-71 Extended cab with a flowmaster, BDS 6.5", 3" BL, 35x12.5x18 Trail Grapplers on Pro-Comp 18x9 wheels
gldevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #12
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Got the final building permits cleared for the new shop, but did nothing truck wise. Saturday I had to drive 3 hrs to mid state to take my daughter for an interview for a alternative high school for the gifted. I was either driving Saturday or at the school. Guess I'll be sorta sending my little girl off to college 2 years early. Guess that means the 82 will leave home too.

Sunday I did homework and prep for finals this week. Man I will be glad for that 2 week break.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I got to yank the 66 around the yard with the Ram, walked past my truck quite a few times. One day I'll have something worthwhile to say :p
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:37 PM   #14
C&C Chevy

Put in a new Stewart stage 1 water pump. Washed and vacuumed the truck.

Current:
1986 SWB Silverado 4.3 / TH400

Past:
1985 SWB Silverado 305 / TH350 - sold 1995
1987 1/2 ton Silverado - FI 350 / 700R4 sold 2007
C&C Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #15
7T7
Regular guy

Started my 4-Link....
Attached Images

7T7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What made you decide to go with a 9"? You putting something nasty under the hood?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:02 PM   #17
7T7
Regular guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
What made you decide to go with a 9"? You putting something nasty under the hood?

Nasty motor? No. :p Though it is difficult to do a motor build and stay within reason. (Damn catalogs)
We went with the 9" for a few reasons. First was the wheel spacing dictated a slightly narrower rear end.
That meant new axles. I had a 9" case and yoke sitting around and planed to do a posi and gear change anyway.
It just didn't make sense to modify the old 12 bolt. Plus they just look TRICK!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:36 PM   #18
Joey-D
City's Articulation Ramp

I was trying to adjust my carb (Holley 600cfm) to pass emissions and since I don't know much, ok anything, about tuning I misadjusted the needle cause fuel to jump out the vent tube, causing an engine fire. I saved it though. Now having my buddy rebuilt the holley with .62 jets insted of the .66 to help pass emissions. After the fire, I went on to built me a table. I took an old coffee table and about a gazillion bud light and budweiser and naty light caps and glues them down.. Natys on the left and right and budlights in the middle throughout with red budweisers making a budweiser bowtie. Next is mortering between them and covering with a product that is liquid and flows over things to make a transparent level top. Like the tables at hooters. I would post pics but my digital camera is in the mail (just bought it) and I don't even know if it would owrk on this weboard now!
19?? Zamboni, Really I own a Zamboni!
"If your gonna be stupid, then you better be tough."
Joey-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:34 AM   #19
Nvbowtie

I helped, base coat and flame and color sand
a buddies truck, now just need to get the flame tips
tinted and a couple clear coats on the whole truck.

1988 Chevy Blazer Tahoe
Nvbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:36 AM   #20
BigRed

I installed new speakers in my 'burb. I put Audiobahn 4x10 components in the rear stock locations and installed Audiobahn 3 1/2 speakers in the stock dash location. They sound so much better than the crappy stock speakers. I'm getting a new head-unit this week and will be installing my Kenwood amp next week. Finally my stereo can out power the wind and road noise!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:37 AM   #21
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T7
Started my 4-Link....
Your going to have to 5 link that. Having the control arms parrallel you have not latteral control. It needs a panhard bar.

If you take the two center pars and have them meet at a angle over the diff then you can run without a panhard. It will have minimal rear steer under load.

goto www.pirate4x4.com/forum and do some suspension search. Use key words like "anti Squat, 4 link, ackeman angle etc. THere is a ton of indepth stuff in there that you can pick up a few pointers.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #22
7T7
Regular guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Your going to have to 5 link that. Having the control arms parrallel you have not latteral control. It needs a panhard bar.

If you take the two center pars and have them meet at a angle over the diff then you can run without a panhard. It will have minimal rear steer under load.

goto www.pirate4x4.com/forum and do some suspension search. Use key words like "anti Squat, 4 link, ackeman angle etc. THere is a ton of indepth stuff in there that you can pick up a few pointers.

5 link huh…
Thanks Grim. I know from the pictures it doesn’t look like we know what we’re doing but like I said in my original post “I started my 4 link” I'm not even close to being done .
We bag about 2 vehicles a month here and are using a diagonal track locator now. (not in picture yet) And before any one chimes in about Art Morrison and diagonals on a steer car, let me just say we’ve had a diagonal on a 69 Camaro G-Machine for 18 months now and the car is driven (hard) daily with zero problems. (So far…hehe) We know why the rod ends fail and have addressed that issue.
The panhard works well if you have plenty of wheel clearance or have limited travel, but on this particular truck we are going to be a little tight. We’ve ran wishbone track locators in the past with great success but are trying something different and it seems to work very well. I’ll post more pictures hopefully this weekend of the bag location and diagonal locator. I just never have time to work on my own stuff!

Ackerman Theory, 4 link, 4 bar set up? Learned that stuff along time ago.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 PM   #23
CT-Truckster
?

well lets see....
I flew a kite
rode 4 wheelers
and sandblasted some valve covers, intake, and exhaust manifolds from a 55 crown vic for my dad that he is doing an engine bay "restoration" on. Its one of those cars that looks real good but then when you pop the hood you think damn, musta run outta money.
CT-Truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:48 AM   #24
87 Shortwide

HRMmmMMm...
I tore down my 7.5 for my wagon and took it to have it built up 4.10 posi
Did a few vynil jobs
Helped my buddy tune is neon after we got the Stage 1 ECU flashed and installed

Project: 87 GMC shortwide, About to get a little boost
87 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #25
the baron

Went to Vierzon , in France

to a american car meeting , 150 miles under Paris

I've seen there some nice cars , we did a cruising in town , here a little movie :
http://www.dreams-cars.net/images/Ex..._2004_Film.zip

the Baron
the baron is offline   Reply With Quote