The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #1
406_SBC

Golden State Pickup Parts

Hey guys!
I was just looking through our book shelve of Classic truckin,hot rod,super chevy and so on magzines. I found a catalog called "Golden State Pickup Parts" out of Santa Ynez, CA. Just wondering if its still around and if anyone has ordered from these guys as I don't know how old this catalog is. Thanks alot
Old 07-13-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
silvertonguedevil

Yes, they are still around. I have only ordered one part from them but my dad ordered quite a bit from them when he was going through a '63. Neither one of us had any problems.

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4
silvertonguedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
gr8scott51

I found them to be a little more expensive than others, however they had some parts that I had a hard time finding (brake cables).
Old 07-13-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

It's not the same as it was. The company sold. Seems like the original guy was Seth Doulton. Now it's not even in California anymore. I believe it's called Golden State Parts now. If it ain't in California, it certainly isn't "Golden State", but I'm sure the new guy wanted to keep the same image.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

When I tried to pay them a visit in November in California their showroom there had just closed, they only had the Nevada location at that point, not sure if anything has changed since then.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:01 PM   #6
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

They moved to Carson City Nevada. One of my employees shops there all the time. He seems pleased with them. We are going to do a ground up restoration on his 67 short step this winter. He's been getting all his parts there.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #7
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8scott51
I found them to be a little more expensive than others, however they had some parts that I had a hard time finding (brake cables).

YEP .. THEY MOVED TO CARSON CITY NV. , JUST ABOUT 1 1/2 MILES FROM MY HOUSE. I NEEDED A SMALL PART FOR A TRUCK THAT I WAS BUILDING A
COUPLE OF YEARS AGO RIGHT AFTER THEY MOVED HERE. THEY WERE ABOUT FOUR TIMES THE PRICE OF LMC, WHO IS NOTORIUSLY HIGH PRICED. THEY WERE SO HIGH THAT I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE ELSE THERE, AS I WAS SURE THERE HAD TO BE SOME KIND OF MISTAKE. I PRICED ABOUT SIX OR SEVEN DIFFERENT ITEMS & EVERY ONE WAS AT LEAST THREE TIMES THAT OF THE NEAREST PRICE OF THEY'RE COMPETITER. I CERTAINLY CAN'T AFFORD TO SHOP THERE. IT TOO BAD TOO BECAUSE THEYRE JUST AROUND THE CORNER FROM ME. THEY HAD A BOOTH SET UP AT A LOCAL CAR SHOW, & I VOICED MY CONCERNS ABOUT THEY'RE PRICING, & THEY EXPLAINED THAT MOST OF THEY'RE BUSINESS IS FROM CONCORSE FORD PARTS, & THOSE CONCORSE PEOPLE WILL PAY ANYTHING.
THEY SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE NAME TO JUST GOLDEN PARTS.
JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #8
Smooth1SITF

Re: Golden State Pickup Parts

Seth actually has a store now called Hoursepower Parts on EBay - But Cali location closed 17-18 years ago
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #9
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Golden State Pickup Parts

Golden State Pickup Parts deserves some credit for the "C/10 Craze" they started. I bought my '68 Stepside in 1973. It was a 5-year-old used truck. Big deal. Lots of people had them. There was no sense of the cameraderie that import owners and Jeep entuusiasts had with each other. Back in the day, if you could not get a part from the dealer, you had to scour the junkyards to get the same part (hopefully) in better condition than your broken one.
GSPP changed that. They started selling those hard to find items that dealers wouldn't stock anymore.
They also promoted the "Breed'': [ One of GM's media campaigns was to call the new design for MY 1967, 'The New Breed of Truck'. Didn't stick as well as "Advanced Design" or "Task Force" but I still remember it.] GSPP published a newsletter, along with their catalog, called, "Pickups and Panels in Print". Enthusiasts could submit some shots of their rigs and notes on how they acheived their look, effect or modification. Info on gatherings, rallies, shows was printed. 'How to' articles were presented.
After a decade or so, they were no longer the only game in town for 67-72 truck parts, and competition for market share increased. Other vendors got involved, LMC, being the biggest.
Also the Internet happened.
I had a [print] subscription to "Chevy Trucks" magazine. They also had a fledgling website. By the Later Ninties, they faltered, and their website led me to this one that Josh started. I lurked for a few years then joined in 2002. There were some other sites, "Stovebolt Truck forum" [Pre-'72 GM trucks] and ''Colorado K/5'' [Blazer-specific forum], but "67-72 Chevy Trucks dot Com'' was the best informed and friendliest of the lot.
The rest is history.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 09-16-2018 at 07:10 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote