The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2004, 12:09 PM   #1
HarrisonTX

stick it to 'em gas prices, very important

If you havnt gotten this e-mail then please read an participate
you must tell everyone you work with, cause this is an internet only thing, and lotsa ppl dont use it. 9mpg on $2gas is too much

Originally posted by My E-mail:
We have a voice let's use it!
FOWARD ON SO WE CAN GET LOWER PRICES!!!!

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE BUSH ADMINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! (THANK GOODNESS FOR THOSE "TAX CUTS")

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'86 k5 blazer
'06 Duramax
HarrisonTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

This topic has been posted many times in the past few weeks...

One day won't make a difference at all... even if everybody did it, they would fuel up a day or two before or after "the day". It would not impact the oil companies at all.

If you want to make an impact, reduce your fuel usage significantly, and permanently - and convince the rest of the world to do the same.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #3
cdowns

i didn't see anything "VERY IMPORTANT" in this post
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #4
68 Suburban

The only way to make a difference is to conserve gas EVERY day. Wether it is 99 cents or $5.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Look at the responces on the other 3 or 4 posts on this topic...I think 2 of them are the exact same as this one.
It won't work, it's crazy to think it will. So what if you cas up the day after this...they'll still get youf or 20 gallons.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:37 PM   #6
72C203503ONTHETREE

People are still falling foir this stupid e mail crap? Only long term way to lower prices is to take over all the oil fields ourselves and drive Metros, neither of which will happen.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
72C203503ONTHETREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #7
HarrisonTX

man some of yall can be rude
You may not find money inportant to you, but its important to me. And if we do it, it will prove to the oil companies were serious.
'86 k5 blazer
'06 Duramax
Old 05-15-2004, 06:56 PM   #8
HarrisonTX

ya know, it may not work, but what if it does, guys, come on, is it worth a shot?
'86 k5 blazer
'06 Duramax
Old 05-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #9
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonTX
man some of yall can be rude
You may not find money inportant to you, but its important to me.
Don't mean to be rude, man, but read some of the many threads on this same subject. Read some of the very real reasons why not buying fuel on one day just can't possibly affect the oil companies. Think about the responses. And BTW, my money (what there is of it) is very important to me. Just ask my wife, lol!!! And I dislike high fuel costs as much as anyone. But ya gotta be realistic. As has been stated many times by many people, it's called a free market system - based on supply & demand. Our best hope is if demand is significantly reduced - which means a majority of people using a lot less fuel - over the long term, as in permanently.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #10
72C203503ONTHETREE

Maybe not buying gas for a week may do something but not much and not many people can go a week without gas.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
72C203503ONTHETREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:19 PM   #11
Cat Fuzz
My son, my joy.

This is so stupid. The only way to have an impact is to stop buying gas, period. This will have zero impact due to the fact that people will simply fill-up the day before, or the day after and drive just as much and use just as much gas. If you want cheap gas then stop voting for liberal democrats so we can go get our own oil instead of bending over for the arabs.

Next person that posts this rediculous e-mail should be banned.
Cat Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #12
nitor
Too many projects

I need my gas. But you know, a substantial decrease in sales for even one day (which I doubt will happen) may show the oil companies what could happen. I couldn't go a week without gas. With my business, it's hard for me to go a couple of days without filling up, even with the prices as high as they are now.

'55 Chevrolet Pickup
'56 Chevrolet Belair
'04 Chevrolet Astro
'95 Chevrolet Blazer
nitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #13
dwaite72lnghrn

I'll jump in. Like 68 suburdan said conserve. that is the only way. if every one in the country used 1 less gallon a day would change things. make 1 less trip to the quick market, 1 less trip around the block. That is the things that add up. Most all of our oil comes from south america North sea and Alaska, last I heard 15% comes from the middle east. If everyone saved 15% we could put a hurt on them, they would have to increase production to live. The price of our oil is driven by the middle east because the europeans start to by where we by and the price goes up.
Just conserve 15%. Just my opinion.
71 GMC k20 350/sm465
2009 Chevy hd3500 6.6 Victory Red crew cab dually
Dave & Jeanne
dwaite72lnghrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #14
HarrisonTX

stocker, supply and demand. EXACTLY what it is, think about it... do the math bro, with a lower demand will equal higher oil reserves, which will force the oil companies to lower there prices to sell again. We would just be showing the oil companies that we have the power! its like voting with your money.
And my economics teacher, explained this exact same thing to us like 6 monthes ago, and hes not the one that wrote this e-mail, so there is obviously many ppl who belive it will work.
'86 k5 blazer
'06 Duramax
Old 05-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #15
Porkchop

You're right, if demand was lower the prices would go down. But stopping buying gas for one day won't lower demand. On the 19th people will still use gas, so they will have to either buy gas a day earlier or a day later. It will not affect the oil reserves. See, gas stations aren't filled up with gas everyday, so the reserves won't even see the affect, only the individual gas stations. But any loss that the stations observe will be made up the next day. What is lost on the 19th will be made up on the 18th or the 20th.
I don't care if the smartest man alive were to say this would work; IT WON'T.
If you want to hurt the oil companies, then you have to conserve gas for a long time. In order for the reserves to feel the hurt, you have to stop buying gas for a period of time that covers when the gas stations are filled up. Here is the situation, YOU do the math--- Lets say shell gas station gets filled up every sunday. I need to buy gas every week otherwise I don't go anywhere, but I want to follow through with this ploy of not buying gas on the Wednesday the 19th. Let's just say that Wednesday is normally my fill up day, so, I wait until saturday the 22nd to buy my weekly gas. Sure, the gas station owner noticed that there were less purchases on the 19th, but when the big gas truck comes in to pour gas into the ground at the station, he still pours in the same amount because we all still bought gas between teh times that he came to fill up the station. The place where that truck gets its gas will see no loss. You have to conserve gas beyond the interval that the gas stations get filled up in order for the reserves to feel the affect.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #16
dtlilly
Account Suspended

I did my part last night. I'm new to the area and a neighbor asked if I wanted to go across town to a bar he goes to. I declined, thus saving about 2 gallons of gas. I am making consciencious decisions as to weither or not I have to go somewhere. I'll do without something for a day, if I know I can get that item when I'm in town the next day.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote