The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2002, 11:05 PM   #1
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

Thumbs up Super Chevy Show Commerce GA

anyone else goin? its this weekend! last day of may, 1st 2 of june, I'll definatley be there with ma camera takin any pics of our trucks I can

DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:01 AM   #2
NuBomb

Can't go but my buddies will be up there trying to sell some stuff. I'm hoping he can sell some parts for me there. Have fun and let us who can't go know how it went.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 02:07 AM   #3
shooter

I plan on going.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:05 AM   #4
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

well, I just got a brand new 2.3 megapixel digi cam that takes HUGE pictures.. and I've got 65 shots heh, so I'll try to upload the highlights to a url for a while once I get back.

I'm psyched!! I love the sound of the cars circling for the 1/4

Maybe one day if I'm lucky.. that frame under my name will be there too with all the other c10s
Old 05-31-2002, 10:40 PM   #5
NuBomb

Have fun. If you see a mid 80's C30 rollback with sideboards and a ton of 55-57 car parts that's my buds. Wish I was going. If you need some parts look for the rollback. Later.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

Unhappy RIP

well, I'm happy to announce that the show was quite entertaining and will have pictures up shortly.

However...

I'm sorry to say, the driver of the budweiser jetcar passed away in a bad accident about 1/8 of the mile. I do not recall the exact name, however, I do recall the 1st name being Dan. May his family be in everyone's prayers.

One one find the accident ironic, every car in this lane had a problem with their rear driver side tire coming up, but no one found debris. The budwieser car was in this line. About midway the cars backend shifted toward the outside wall and sent it careening at high throttle into the wall of the opposite side of the track. The car then shot from this side (still being at high throttle) across the track again slamming into his own wall and bursting into deep flames.

The ambulance was on the scene as early as possible. As the fire EMS truck arrive, the hose was not hooked correctly, wrapped around the tire of the ambulance, and pulling the house from thre truck, spewing extingishing liquid everywhere.

I'm sorry to say I dont think there was anything they could do. Fortunatley no one in the stands nor any others were hurt in the accident.

As I have said, everyones prayers should go to this man and his family. May he rest in peice.

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, to try and brighten this up (as I have had 150 miles to think about it already and care not to anymore as it is disturbing) I will have pics of everything except the accident up soon.
Old 06-01-2002, 07:01 PM   #7
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

just been looking, it seems the guys name could have been "Jerry Gannon"

http://www.superchevyshow.com/driverbios/gannon.html
Old 06-01-2002, 08:37 PM   #8
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

I apologize for the iffy names and car sponsor.. I dont really know..

heres the pics as promised, sorry dialup they're HUGE 1700x12** on some 1154x868 on others, I'm sorry.. so many pics, I can't downsize then or it'd take me all day

http://www.redplanetsolutions.net/picdump/scs2002/
Old 06-01-2002, 10:23 PM   #9
NuBomb

I heard about the death from my friends. His family is in my prayers. Thanks for all the great shots. I really wish I could've been there. My buddies sold some parts for me so new sheetmetal for my blazer is on the way . Now I've got to save up to buy some more. I won't miss it next year. Let us know about any more shows/swaps in the area. Thanks, NuBomb.

North Georgia Group

Old 06-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #10
DarkFox1
in WAY over my head

did you happen to get a name? or a cause? I'm going nuts to know what happened.. to think.. 500+ people in the stands and 1 man couldn't be saved.. its drivng me nuts, it just doesn't feel right.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:18 PM   #11
70chevy

Gustin Racing Jet Funny Car
JERRY GANNON

http://www.superchevyshow.com/driverbios/gannon.html

70 Chevy 1/2 in process.Semi-gloss black powdercoated frame & suspension, disc brakes up front, 3" drop spindle(Beltech) 5 lug 3.73 rearend, ZZ4, Sanderson headers, 700R4, Air Ride system, Summitt 16 gal fuel cell, Holly mech. fuel pump,
70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote