The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Classic Industries

I noticed that Classic Industries is now selling truck stuff. I went to their site and downloaded a few of the pdf catalog files. They have some nice stuff by the looks of it, but damn they are high. But you folks like Ken, with the trucks old enough GM is not selling any of the resto stuff, might be another place to find some hard to find parts.

http://www.classicindustries.com/index.html

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
bigblock73
yeller

I have their catalog...MAN IS IT NICE! Lots of color, about 1" thick, and loaded with tons of stuff. Their catalog makes the other 73-87 resto catalogs look like cheap crap. I have also ordered from them before, great service and customer support.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

How are their parts? About like LMC or better?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #4
bigblock73
yeller

Well, I have only purchased weatherstripping from them so far, but it has been excellent quality and shipped quickly...quicker than their arrival quote too.

Not only that, but you see alot of magazines going thru them for stuff for their project cars and such...so it must be good I assume.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
TwinTurbo

I ordered a lot of stuff from them when i redid my interior, I got all new carpet, trim, chrome and what not. They were not cheap but the quality was good and a lot of it was original GM stuff., fit and finish was perfect. They however did not include one of their catalogs with the shipment bummer!
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo
I ordered a lot of stuff from them when i redid my interior, I got all new carpet, trim, chrome and what not. They were not cheap but the quality was good and a lot of it was original GM stuff.,
I figured as much. Just like LMC. If you buy from them and it's GM parts, you can buy it from the dealer a lot cheaper. So, for anyone looking for replacement parts, check the dealer first, always. I've been burned a few times by not checking with them first. Of course the ones here with trucks too old for GM to carry parts anymore are SOL. It's aftermarket or get lucky and find someone with a good piece.

Still, I bet money to a doughnut hole if it's not genuine GM, it's from China.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:09 PM   #7
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Thanks for the heads up Mike. You'r right in that most places don't carry stuff for 73-80 near as much for 81-87 trucks

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:08 AM   #8
BaggedC10
Under construction!

I've dealt w/ Classic Industries many times. Fuel tanks, bed floor, wheel houses, front bed panel, and allot more. Great quality, customer service, and shipping times. The boxes have always been packed to withstand World War 2 too.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:07 AM   #9
blink32

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin
So, for anyone looking for replacement parts, check the dealer first, always.

Do you have dealers near you that will go back to 1976 for parts? I've been to 4 dealers in my area out here and as soon as they hear what year I get the same response, "I don't go back that far." :-/ I'll keep looking but for now I'm relegated to JYards and mail order.

I've bought a number of parts from Classic Industries. Always been excellent quality compared to crap I've gotten from LMC and while the prices are initially higher, just wait for thier discounts. Usually a 10-15% coupon here and there. If I need some stuff I'll gather up all the catalogs I have from the different companies, price out all the parts then apply coupons and see who's cheapest. If nothing else, if you end up spending a little extra to CI its worth it in the customer service department. I've dealt with them twice on minor shipping charge issues and questions and it was a good experience.
blink32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 04:52 AM   #10
kballan

I ordered all my interior billet trim (gauges, dash, doors) through Classic Industries. Great to deal with and I had everything in 4 days. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again!

ANY MAN CAN BUILD A TRUCK, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP!
kballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:32 AM   #11
Nvbowtie

I know thier Dakota Digital gauges are about 200 bucks cheaper this year
vs last year. They do have a bunch of good stuff, I went to the Calf store when I was down last year, I was not impressed with thier show room, it was about 20x40 in size (the building is about 300x300)

I mostly deal with a vendor in Las Vegas- http://www.tuckersparts.com/
1988 Chevy Blazer Tahoe
Nvbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote