The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

It's that time of the week again. It's Sunday evening so the question comes up, "what did you get done"....

I spent Friday evening coating the patterened concrete portion of my deck. I have rather large deck area around my pool and the part that is concrete needed a fresh coat of sealer. We got two of the three decks done before it got dark.
Saturday was spent doing yard work till my buddy Adam came over and helped me rebuild my pool filter. Ok, he rebuilt it, and I watched while asking stupid questions.

Mid day I went to my daughters piano recital, then ran a few service calls. Saturday night I went to play Lazer tag with my Daughter and a few friends. Later they all came over for a pool party.

Sunday I went to church, then ran service calls all day. That means no chance to work on my 77. I will have to spend the week getting it ready to go to Fredricksburg for the Texas Street Machine nationals....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

i changed my header gaskets since they were blown out and i started changed my brake pads. gonna finish it tommorow, cause i'm lazy
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:32 PM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Friday spent the day getting things ready to ship off the sife and son to Orllando on Saturday and th daughter on Sunday. However ended up spending most of the day cleaning viruses/worms out of a friend/customer's office computers.

Saturday - did some checks on the 82, think I have a starter that is ready to go! Mowed grass and moved more dirt for the shop.

Sunday. Shipped out the daughter with her youth group at 6AM. After church, yanked the starter from the 82, fixed some leaky vacumn hoses, and of course....hauled more dirt.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:55 PM   #4
8t5Silverado
Mudslides 'r my specialty

Fri - Installed new wheels and tires on my wife's car.

Sat - Installed a "new" front bumper I got at a swap meet on the truck and considered installing my rear flip kit, but didn't do it...yet.

Sun - Went to a relative's high school graduation.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500339
8t5Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
fred 454

well i put my billet valve covers,air cleaner and the breathers on my truck,but i found a brocken push rod and a rocker arm completely dry
fred 454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:33 PM   #6
C-10volvo

friday i spent at work then out with friends
saturday was prom.. dont remember much anymore hahaha
and today was spent doing the final prep work on the body before the big day comes.
also, i ordered up my wheels. i picked the 20 inch american racing tourq thrust II's. my cars will match now haha.
For everything else: 1997 BMW M3
C-10volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #7
1985K10

I installed my new Edelbrock 1904 carb, and fixed my leaky collector gaskgets. If I floor it, the truck stumbles around 45-55MPH, did this with the old carb too. I think my next project will be a fuel pump.
77 GMC Royal Sierra~Resto in progress~
1985K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #8
bigblock73
yeller

I didn't do much this weekend. I watched the All Star race, put the freshly rebuilt Q-jet on the Woody and took it for a drive (it now runs excellent!), did some housework, and just finished watching the Wolves whoop up on the Lakers.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:00 AM   #9
soleeagle

Saturday I went to the swap meet in Indy and bought some flame alum valve covers and air cleaner. Also went and bought a new cowl hood and both inner and outer fenders. Spent the rest of the day with the wife.

Sunday went to church and then worked on putting a timing chain in my freinds F@$d untill I got soaked by the rain storm.

'85 Chevy Silverado 4X4
'91 Chevy 4X4 Suburban

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/545941
soleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:23 AM   #10
SCOTI

Sat we went to my GF's nieces b-day party (she turned the big 6). I tried watching the All-Star but was having a hard time hearing the tv over all the women oooing/aahhhing over the little matching outfits she got .

Sun I played 'yardman' & did some clean-up of the creek area behind the house & had to repair some stairs. That plain sucked. I guess when they built the house they left some sort of bailing-wire out in the dirt.... partially sticking out of the ground. I had to get out the ratchet straps & finally wound up using my winch off the trailer to un-earth the wire. Since that ate up most of the afternoon, I never got around to repairing the stairway which was actually my main goal.

I did wash the 74 on Fri. I was going to try & go to Kellers but it never happened.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:55 AM   #11
Nvbowtie

Finally painted my truck after 478 days of re-building it.

1988 Chevy Blazer Tahoe
Nvbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:41 AM   #12
Grim Reaper

Saturday went and looked at a house we were hoping was "the one" . Yard was right for the fleet once 17 pine trees were removed. Good place to put a 2-3 bay shop in a few years. House had some problems. One was water in the crawl space. Another was the fact it had a crawl space at all. The add lead us to thing the house had a partly finished basement and since my mom lives on the same street I expected to see a basement like hers under the whole house. Instead there is two small rooms and a laundry area on the same level as the garage that are for the most part worthless and would have served better to have been left as part of the garage. Then it had a roof vent problem with a leak. Then we got looking at the hidious walls and realised that allmost every room had been painted over the wall paper.

Talked to the realator and the guy is from BogataColumbia South amarica He got royally ripped off on the house and thinks it's worth what he paid. Won't come off his price. He paid $170k I wouldn't pay over 140k with the problems. My mom house is on twice as much land (over an acre) and full basement and she paid $147 same time he bought this house. So it's been on the market the better part of a year. Make the offer again in a month when we have out house ready to sell.

Sunday I met up with somebody from a Airstream forum that was giving me a set of factory 454 stainless headers. He was on his way to FL from Louisville KY and having problems with his Motor home. Got to my exit and we put him in a safe parking lot where his wife and three kids could hang out while we tried to fix it.

I talked to him and it sound like a fuel starvation problem. The thing had 3 fuel filters and he had change the one at the tank and the one on the Carb (454 with Quad). The one mid frame was a odd size and nobody listed it. The hose was 7/16 not the 3/8s most filters of that size. He though since there was a filter before it that it couldn't be the problem. It was old looking. Talked him into replaceing it. 5 different parts stores later we found it. The filter also has a drain back valve in it and I didn't take it out but I'm not conviced it wasn't installed backwards.

Got them on the road and he called me a few hours later and let me know it was running good. no more problem.

Looked at the headers he brought me...one was cracked...ohh well.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #13
KShortell

Friday:
-Installed new Ritchie Trek lighted compass in the Bayliner. Took care to run wiring as a twisted pair and in parallel with the bow lights.

Saturday:
-Shined up the truck-- Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish and Mother's Carnauba Wax.
-Waxed the Jeep
-Mowed the grass
-Gathered CD's and cassettes for mixing my own "on the water" soundtrack...

Sunday:
-I qualified as USCG Aux. Coxswain!

Pilots get their wings, I got my oars.
-Spent the day on the water on USCG patrol. Had to divert in response to a boat fire, but had to stand down just before arrival. Turned out to be a blown engine, not a fire. Oh, well. It at least made the day exciting for us, the police boat, and the fire boat.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #14
Grim Reaper

Ohh I forgot. I cleaned my 75. It was tuning green LOL mixed up a bleech solution and wetted it down. ...not green anymore!.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #15
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Friday: Started the process of chopping a crossmember for a customer.

Saturday: In the morning I help my sister move the left over stuff from her house (she is temporarily moving in with me while her new how is build) In the process I about cut my finger off, but it only got the top layer. That pretty much ruined doing anything else. Typing this is a pain, and I write code during the day.....

Sunday: Went to church, check the battery on the Boat, relaxed.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:04 PM   #16
Ric83

Sat. - Went to a cousin's b-day party. She turned 7. It was kool, the grown ups got to play musical chairs and whoever didn't get a chair is out and takes a shot of Tequila. I won!!
afterwards we got wasted watching Boxing.

Sun. - My cousin and I put a new rear glass in his '82. That string trick I read about on here worked great!! We also put the glass in the doors. We also did a little on his 'Lac.
Ric83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:09 PM   #17
C&C Chevy

Friday, all day tee-ball tournement with daughter.
Saturday, all day tee-ball tournement with daughter.
Sunday, all day tee-ball tournement with daughter, won the championship!

Current:
1986 SWB Silverado 4.3 / TH400

Past:
1985 SWB Silverado 305 / TH350 - sold 1995
1987 1/2 ton Silverado - FI 350 / 700R4 sold 2007
C&C Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #18
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos
...In the process I about cut my finger off, but it only got the top layer. That pretty much ruined doing anything else. Typing this is a pain, and I write code during the day.....
Chris, I feel your pain my friend! Last weekend I was finishing up the final install of the brown bread on my cab...I was cutting this piece using a straightedge and utility knife...well the knife hopped the straightedge and damn near took off the tip of my right thumb! It bled like a mother!
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:48 PM   #19
Eyegore
What Hump?

On my sons 80 pulled all the glass, still doing body work and welding, loosly installed front fenders, finsihed putting chorme accessories on engine.
My 86, new plugs, plug wires, and charged ac, still trying to find problem with transmission and vistied my brother in Pasadena, paid $2.41 for regular unleaded.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #20
Prerunner1982

fri: got radiator for truck, tried to get brake booster and master cylinder for tbird, will take 10 days tried to get brackets for new radiator. wont get them unitl monday ...worked, went to inlaws.

sat: took booster and master cylinder out of tbird. did laundry and bug bombed the house.

sun: worked til 5 and mowed the yard.
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote