The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #1
Hammerhead1957

Hammerhead 1957

Hi, just starting, a little illiterate 73 and counting , still learning , just will be putting along. Operating on my project on a shoestring. Picked up a 59 Fleetside 32 for 2 K. Already see my error, it was robbed of many parts, generator, voltage regulator, horn, horn relay, battery , loose wires everywhere, . Oh my, where to start. Well, I started , and proceeding slowly. Bought a battery, rebuilt battery carrier with 16 ga. metal from Home Depot. Bought a Alternator which I still have to wire in (???) not good with wiring. Got the oil drained. Have 10-30 QakerState full synthetic to go back in. It’s a 235. Took the oil canister off and scrubbed, sanded and painted it, ready to go back with new filter cartridge. New wheel and master cylinder kits ready to go in. New shocks front and rear ready to go on. Why haven’t I done more? It’s cold in Montana! And I have no garage. So waiting for fair days to come. Have not gotten it running yet, but it turns over by hand and seems to have good compression. Would like to have a 261, but no greens.

Last edited by Hammerhead1957; 02-06-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Hammerhead1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
Hammerhead1957

Talking Re: Hammerhead 1957

So here we go. My first project was a 48 Ford 2 door, when I was 15, my Dad bought it for 50.00 and I eventually got it from him, since I was gone in it every time he needed it to go to work. Wound up putting another engine in it, after loaning it to my older brother and he proceeded to blow the engine, just to see how fast it would go. Next project was a 58 Chevy short step side, which in the early 70s I rebuilt from one end to the other. Sold it to a workmate for 600.00, cause he kept after me to sell to him. Next came a 55 studebaker commander, a 23 T rolling chassis, a 25 T Touring, and a 53 Studebaker Champion pickup, all at once. Retired and moved to Missoula, with no shop, so I sold all my rides, plus a shed full of Model T, Studebaker parts, and went into watch and drool mode for 16 yrs. now I found this 59 , Fleetside , long box, and wait for spring
Hammerhead1957 is offline   Reply With Quote