The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2004, 07:38 PM   #1
K5Hokie

Throttle control

I put a new stereo and speakers in my blazer this weekend (mounted under the dash). During the wiring installation I noticed that a throttle control switch was hanging in the vent. Its not hooked. I assume it went where the horn is now. The PO changed steering wheels and the horn button is below the light swtich.
I was surprised to find that.
K5Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

You are right, the throttle cable was installed just below the light switch on the 72's.

The horn setup on these vehicles is pretty easy to fix. I am surprised that the PO went to the trouble that he did in relocating the horn button.
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:47 AM   #3
'68OrangeSunshine

I would be interested in seeing a pic of how the cable end hooks up with the accelerator pedal. (I may be missing some hardware) I have a throttle cable from a '69 GMC panel that was parted out. I want to install it on my '71 Jimmy, and was thinking of locating it over the manual choke cable knob where the washer/wiper switch knob is now. I would relocate the wipers over or under the light switch. Carshow judges will some day crucify me for this, but I would backdate a '71 dash to '67-'68 standard. Chronologically incorrect, but I'm used to the older set-up. On the other hand, mounting it under the lightswitch would be easier, huh?
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote