The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
bhayes1

WTB - Center Dump Manifolds (straight)

Looking for a used pair of center dump manifolds for my 71 K20. Don’t need to be pretty. Hopefully local as shipping might kill the deal factoring in the weight and what they cost new. Figured I’d check here first.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
chev-obsession

Re: WTB - Center Dump Manifolds (straight)

This year at the Portland swap meet I bet I passed up 100 sets of those. Wish I would have picked some of them up. Might try some swap meets in your area. The manifolds can be put into the big flat rate box through usps... should be like $20.00 in shipping.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #3
bhayes1

Good info, thanks.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
Terrysch

As Chev-obsession stated the standard 2.0 inch outlet ones are not hard to find.
In addition to the Forum(best option in my opinion) and local swap meets two other good options are eBay and regional/California Craigslist. To find California and Regional Craigslist you can use Search Tempest - it searches all Craigslist sites.

You may want to consider going to a 2.5 inch outlet. Will improve performance. Discussed in a number of threads on the Forum.
Unless you want to stay OEM only.

That is what I am putting on my 72 Jimmy replacing the headers. But the 2.5 inch were only used on 62 -75 High performance corvettes. Good ones are hard to find and can be costly.

But this is an individual decision, just like the infamous intake manifolds versus headers discussion. I wanted to get a quieter ride but not sacrifice performance. Why I went with the hard to find 2.5 inch outlet manifolds.

For 2.0 inch I found some nice sets on eBay. Reasonable costs.

A word of warning. The hard part is finding a set with no cracks and no warping, especially around the mounting holes.

When I looked at eBay, I was able to find nice 2.0 inch sets that had been magna fluxed to check for cracks. Some also had been blasted. One of the benefits of the forum is buying from others who know that there are no cracks. The ones you can not see are the challenge.

The biggest advice I can give you is buy quality, not price, to make sure you can a good set without cracks or warping.

Terry
Terrysch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #5
72Cheyenne454

I looked for several months and never found a decent used set. After several swapmeets, daily Craigslist searches and a WTB post, I ended up buying a new set off Ebay. These imported manifolds weren't my first choice, but I finally bit the bullet and bought them. Nice to know they're new - no cracks, flat mating surfaces, nice clean castings. I specifically searched for a new set with no tapped smog fitting holes, since my K20 never had a smog pump. The set in the link below is what I purchased. They have the smog tube bosses, just not drilled and tapped. These were the cleanest I could find at the time at a cheap price.

I finally bought this set for $95 (negotiated with the seller via make offer option on Ebay) with free shipping. The quality looks good. Also, both manifolds have the chamfer machined in so you can run an exhaust doughnut on both sides and eliminate the exhaust heat riser/spacer, if desired.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L-R-Pair-Ch...72.m2749.l2649
72Cheyenne454 is offline   Reply With Quote