The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #1
Dodge68charger

Anyone Running 26 or 28 inch Rims?

Just Wondering If Anyones Running 26 or 28 inch rims on The Back n Have Pictures?
Posted via Mobile Device
Dodge68charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #2
YBNORML

Re: Anyone Running 26 or 28 inch Rims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge68charger View Post
Just Wondering If Anyones Running 26 or 28 inch rims on The Back n Have Pictures?
Posted via Mobile Device
Get ready for the hate. Stuff like this really brings out the opinion train.

Your best bet is to check out IG. Most of the guys who build major custom trucks that run big wheels have left here for there. Too much grief.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:47 PM   #3
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge68charger View Post
28 wide or tall?
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #4
'68OrangeSunshine

I had a 10-Speed bike with 27'' rims.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #5
rjs53

I personally don't like the looks of that big a wheel on these trucks, but you never know you might pick a good combo and change my mind. Show some pics if you do it.
rjs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Get ready for the hate. Stuff like this really brings out the opinion train.

Your best bet is to check out IG. Most of the guys who build major custom trucks that run big wheels have left here for there. Too much grief.
Yeah, I guess this site is more about the trucks themselves and the good people who drive them than following the lasted wheel trends. We are allowed our opinions, but some have a problem with allowing that. If those major custom builders leave anything alone on their trucks and have an issue they need help with, we'll be here for them. But that's a big if. I find many of the all about the trend types make just as many or more offensive remarks about the trucks that aren't in their flavor of the week realm, "Looks like a 4wd", etc. There are those who prefer classic good taste and those who want whatever is next... to put their wheels on.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-19-2019 at 02:57 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
rjs53

Sorry fellas, I had to do it. These are 26"
Attached Images

rjs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #8
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah, I guess this site is more about the trucks themselves and the good people who drive them than following the lasted wheel trends. We are allowed our opinions, but some have a problem with allowing that. If those major custom builders leave anything alone on their trucks and have an issue they need help with, we'll be here for them. But that's a big if. I find many of the all about the trend types make just as many or more offensive remarks about the trucks that aren't in their flavor of the week realm, "Looks like a 4wd", etc. There are those who prefer classic good taste and those who want whatever is next... to put their wheels on.
Thank you for proving my point. Big wheels are here to stay, whether you like it or not. It’s hard to even find 15-16” rubber anymore and when you do it’s way more money than the larger diameter stuff. I’m told it’s due to the fact that not even the manufacturers are using it anymore. It’s been 20 years, when does a trend become a style?

As far as the “flavour of the week realm” goes. Open your eyes, c-10’s are the most popular trucks out there both 60-66 and 67-72. I personally have love for all styles of builds whether it’s restoration or full on customs. I like to think I build somewhere in the middle. But it’s becoming difficult to excuse the behaviour and attitudes of the hard headed guys who think that anything other than Stock is a problem. I barely see anyone on this forum slam stock or stocking builds. But there’s always someone down to trash current styles.

Take this thread for example. He didn’t ask opinions of what people liked or thought about what he should do. He asked if there was any out there and if anyone had pics. No reason for anyone to tell him they hate what he likes, or make fun of it.
Everyone acts like they can say whatever they want and as long as they put a IMHO at the end it’s no big deal. Over the years I have tried to get lots of the truck guys I know to join the forum. Most of them had already checked it out or joined but left due to the reasons stated above. This place is becoming like the HAMB. And that’s not a good thing.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I only said something because you did and all my remarks were directed toward your post. Maybe instead of doing your own version of a side track, why don't you start your own thread so we can have a mature discussion on this topic?. It's funny to read your post because you are exhibiting the narrow mind... along with misjudgement. Who are the guys who only like stock? Do they dominate this website? My eyes are open wide, always have been. Yeah, I know the C10s are popular and the trends follow what is popular. I don't agree with how some have posted here, either. Your logic on the wheel sizes is off. First it was the gangsters going to big hoops. Yes, 24"-26" wheels are big hoops on a C10. Semi trucks don't run that big a diameter. I'm about the trucks for what they are... the reason they have always been popular. They are more than a thing for the boyz to try to squeeze big wheelz on. So much more. Take a look at what the factory does. What size rims are on their work truck series? How about other high capacity vehicles, like the new vans? What do you see on them? I have always liked trucks beyond their work abilities. I have always preferred their style and liked dong things to them to make them look better, IMO, without castrating them. Some like trucks, some need trucks, and some like a vehicle that looks like a truck. I am of the first two groups. I've watched the whole thing evolve, including this website, and the rest of the internet that brought this hobby on to what it has become. I'm not the only one on here who doesn't follow the big wheel trend, yet can appreciate what others do, even if it isn't what we would do. A full custom can be built, and look great, w/o going to huge diameter wheels. That's what's so great about this site, nothing like the H.A.M.B. There are only a small number of members who offer out of place opinions, if you open your eyes to see. True custom is a true creation. Following trends and new styles is monkey see and monkey do. There sure is a lot of that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=c10+...w=1366&bih=632

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-19-2019 at 10:45 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:39 PM   #10
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
It’s hard to even find 15-16” rubber anymore and when you do it’s way more money than the larger diameter stuff.
I had no idea that the 15-16" rubber was more expensive than the large dia low aspect ratio stuff out there. Really?? I always thought exactly the opposite was true and that the rubber band stuff was really expensive. But I've never shopped specifically for 22's etc - so I just didn't know. Hard to imagine.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote