The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2002, 08:29 PM   #1
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

are the bolt holes on booster evenly spaced ?

on our power boosters on the back where the cage bolts on are those four holes all in a perfect square shape all spaced evenly or ar two closer to each other than the other two on the other side ?

just checking, i pulled booster off the 70 cab and someone fabbed it to mount directly to firewall with no cage or braces by welding on the rod coming out of the booster

dumbasses......
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 09:02 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Off the top of my head, I can not say, But I DO remember that they bolt on the 4 bolts that stick outa the fire wall. I think brake pedal assembly bolts maybe?
Maybe I should get off my @ss and go look. I have both set ups out there.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 09:21 PM   #3
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

i know thwy bolt to those studs, but what the deal is is that this booster has aluminum bracket flange on the back and holes in it, i though back of our boosters had studs for the bracket cage to bolt to then holes flange on the end of the cage to bolt to firewall studs
im right, right ?
this booster must be off some other gm vehicle, it looks like a truck 4 drum booster except flange is different, rod is same though, its the short little rod that comes right out of the boostewr ot tie to the other rods inside the cage assembly deal, three of the firewall studs lined up with the holes int he booster mounting flange, but not the fourth hole, its offset, wondering if 67-72 booster flange holes are offset or not, i had a booster off a 72 laying around here somewhere cant find it now to compare.,.
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote