The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
vitamin_c95

In cab fuel tank

Originally, I wasn't going to put the tank back in (PO removed it). Then i realized my saddles did not have senders. Not in the mood to cut holes yet but i scored a tank this past weekend. I spent the weekend searching thru these threads looking for pictures of line routing and screenshotting for reference . Then today I came to the realizing that I don't have all that evap stuff installed on my truck. So, do I even need to install all those vapor lines? I can just cap them off?
Old 08-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: In cab fuel tank

I think so. My '68 only has one output line going to the fuel pump. Works great for 51 years. Make sure you get a venting fuel cap.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Yup. Vented cap and you're home free. I see that some factory installed saddle tanks had senders and floats and a switch to indicate which tank was in use and the level. I wouldn't mind having a set up like that. I just have to guess at mileage and switch tanks before I run out, so I'm never sure how much fuel is left.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
vitamin_c95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Yup. Vented cap and you're home free. I see that some factory installed saddle tanks had senders and floats and a switch to indicate which tank was in use and the level. I wouldn't mind having a set up like that. I just have to guess at mileage and switch tanks before I run out, so I'm never sure how much fuel is left.
Well I only searched with an inspection mirror and didn't see anything so it may have some. The guy that sold me this tank had two saddles with senders, for sale too but I didn't want 3 tanks to clean and reseal. I don't feel like guessing miles either. Who knows, I may.go back if they havnt sold yet
Old 08-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin_c95 View Post
Well I only searched with an inspection mirror and didn't see anything so it may have some. The guy that sold me this tank had two saddles with senders, for sale too but I didn't want 3 tanks to clean and reseal. I don't feel like guessing miles either. Who knows, I may.go back if they havnt sold yet
I'm sort of local too. Please let me know if they have senders and you don't want them after all.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:30 PM   #6
vitamin_c95

They do have senders, I would just recommend flushing them out. They were garnished up just like my the in cab was. I didn't see any rust. If you want them let me know. I can put you in touch. He's located in Poway. I kinda want them, but not really.