The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

WTB: Red K/20 Lockout Knob

I have one already, so at minimum I need a single red '70 K/20 knob. I'd consider a pair, a retainer (chrome ring) & knob, a pair of those, or one full assembly if you have an odd one. I have one full assembly and parts to make up one side minus the red knob. Let's see what we can come up with. Thanks!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
Harlowhead1972
Account Suspended

Re: WTB: Red K/20 Lockout Knob

I have the haystack, you just tossed in the needle!!!!!! Wish I had one for you Tim! Harlow
Harlowhead1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: WTB: Red K/20 Lockout Knob

Ha Ha, good one! Got any K/20 Selectro parts, maybe???

Just so people know the situation...

I found a rolling chassis w/drivetrain minus the engine for a friend some years ago who's '72 K/20 had a rusted frame. He only had interest in the frame, said I could have anything else for helping him out. The frame was a '70 with one OEM hub and one Warn. He built a shop last summer and back in May he was ready to roll it over into his shop, so I helped him and we stripped 'er down with me leaving with the goods.

I have N.O.S. retainers and years ago bought a pair of cherry red (meaning exc cond) OEM knobs off of Blazerman to use with those once I restore my GMC. I don't want no stinkin' Chevy blue knobs on my GMC with red in the emblems! . I have my original complete assemblies still for that day.

I installed a pair of cool beans vintage 4wd acc'y Selectros back when I attempted to run a set of aluminum slots. I really like then but one side has a broken part, so non-functioning 4wd. About got me in trouble one day last summer I found myself off the road in a muddy field due to a no rear brakes situation. "No problem. Oh dang that's right, no 4wd! Dayum!". Thankfully the posi and some crafty maneuvering allowed me to dual rooster tail my way outta there. So brakes are good now and I don't want to be the stupid guy with a 4wd that gets stuck because he likes his cool looking non-functioning hubs. I did try buying the part from Quad 4x4 listed for F250s same era but they are different. If I can't find a single old red'un I'll get going on finding the Selectro part or find another set for parts.

So that's why I only need one alone or one complete side or partial side incl retainer and not a new reproduction, NOS or complete set.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote