The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
Southern Rebel
70' blazer

Thermastat gauge wiring Question

When I bought my blazer the thermostat gauge did not work, when I took the cluster out, it was not even hooked up and the hole in the water housing was blocked off. I have bought a switch that screws into the water housing, but do not know what kind of wiring it takes. Does anybody know what kind of connectors it takes to go into the thermostat gauge? I can pretty much figure out the connect on the switch. If at all possible, pictures would be a great help. Thanks
Southern Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
BobbyK

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
Factory temp gauge sender threads into the drivers side head.
A dark green wire connects to it.
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:51 AM   #3
BLAZERFAN

Go to a parts house and ask. They'll show you two examples of which sending unit it could be. Then identify the correct one, and they'll show you which kind of connector is required. Or what you could do is wrap a bare 10ga. wire end around the "nipple" of the sending unit. On the gauge end crimp a post connector, and attach it to the left terminal
of the gauge as you look at it from the back. Attach a twelve volt lead to the right terminal of the gauge as you look at it from the back, also using a post connector. I hooked mine up in that very fasion and it works great. Be careful not to overtighten the nuts on the terminals as this can cause the fine strand of copper wire in the gauge
that attaches to the terminals to break. And make sure the insulator is properley installed. Which would be one end at twelve o'clock and the other at six o'clock.
Attached Images

BLAZERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote