The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2019, 04:45 AM   #1
Budder68

WTB 68 Suburban Stock Hubcaps 4WD

WTB 68 NOS Truck/Suburban Stock Hubcaps 4WD I am assuming they would be the same as on the 4WD Trucks...

Last edited by Budder68; 11-27-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #2
hooverfish

Re: WTB 68 Suburban Stock Hubcaps 4WD

67 and 68 4X4 trucks did not come from the factory with hubcaps.

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
chevmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder68 View Post
WTB 68 NOS Suburban Stock Hubcaps 4WD I am assuming they would be the same as on the 4WD Trucks...
I have a couple sets of the later stainless version with blue bow ties as seen in a thread below (those are sold, but would be same type). These would not please the "correct police" for 68, but if you have the 15" nub type wheels, I think they look better, but not sure what you are looking for.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=792120

PM me if this type would work.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #4
Budder68

thanks for the details !!!!! I would be fine with a NOS or Mint Set of 69-72 then so PM me if you have any for sale... I currently have a set of Rallies from the 73 forward era and they look great but if I could find the right set I would be pleased....
Old 11-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevmn View Post
I have a couple sets of the later stainless version with blue bow ties as seen in a thread below (those are sold, but would be same type). These would not please the "correct police" for 68, but if you have the 15" nub type wheels, I think they look better, but not sure what you are looking for.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=792120

PM me if this type would work.
You may not have intended to sound derogatory, but it is. Just want to say correct is simply correct. Don't need no police for that and there's no need to throw any attitude against those who care by making such comments. You may say I'm being too sensitive but I prefer "more thoughtful". My feelings aren't hurt, just thinking of everyone here. I am into the correct thing, as has been the way for old vehicle entusiasts since before these trucks existed, but not opposed to a hubcap swap either, if that's what pleases that owner. I do it, others can do what they want, and hubcap swapping is a tradition that goes back on trucks since before we started putting passenger car tires and mag wheels on them. So, another form of "correct" in my eyes. My '67 GMC SWB will run '65 Pontiac dog dishes because I love their look and it goes in line with the "period correct" vibe I'm putting to 'er

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-27-2019 at 09:21 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Full wheel covers, with the fake nuts, offer another period correct choice. 67-8 caps in back with matching 4x4 style in front.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #7
chevmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You may not have intended to sound derogatory, but it is. Just want to say correct is simply correct. Don't need no police for that and there's no need to throw any attitude against those who care by making such comments. You may say I'm being too sensitive but I prefer "more thoughtful". My feelings aren't hurt, just thinking of everyone here. I am into the correct thing, as has been the way for old vehicle entusiasts since before these trucks existed, but not opposed to a hubcap swap either, if that's what pleases that owner. I do it, others can do what they want, and hubcap swapping is a tradition that goes back on trucks since before we started putting passenger car tires and mag wheels on them. So, another form of "correct" in my eyes. My '67 GMC SWB will run '65 Pontiac dog dishes because I love their look and it goes in line with the "period correct" vibe I'm putting to 'er
I did not intend to be derogatory or offensive in any way, and never really thought of that term as such. It is used all the time around shows/meets/shops, and the old car/truck crowd, and never thought of it in a negative way really. My meaning was simply to inform that the caps I have would not be correct for the Suburban the OP was asking about, and just did not want to try to pass them off as such, and some would never put a 69-72 hubcap on a 68, or rally wheels on a truck of that era as they are not period correct. But, I digress as this is of little value to the poster looking for a set of hubcaps.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote