The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
71 Blazer CST man
Account Suspended

Thumbs down ME vs. MY blazer ! Ouch

So yesterday dad has the NERVE to pull me out of bed at the CRACK of dawn (around 11:30 AM ) to tell me to take out the trash! I know, how unreasonable... So, instead of throwwing smelly,drippy,oozing nasty bags IN my truck, i decide to drive down the driveway(1/4 mile?) and get the can, drive it BACk up, fill it, and then bring it back down again...sounds simple eh?

That's what i thought, i'v only done it 2000000 times before...well, this morning was not like any other. So i mob all the way on down, back up to / hit the trash can....and throw the selecter up into park. Alls well at this point. Keep in mind i have just taken my top off, so - Instead of getting out, i crawl between the seats through the back(back seats out currently) and hoist the can up, over the tailgate, and into the truck. The whole time thinking ~gee doesnt the top off make this so much easier!~ - FAMOUS LAST WORDS.

After its in, i had to Hop the tailgate onto the ground(to reach another can). Something we've all done countless times in our blazers, no Well, up goes the left foot ontop of the 'gate....get most of my weight on...and this is where i believe it ALL went wrong, and downhill from here. I GUESS i must have put my right hand on the trash can (in the truck, to my right) to give myself a little extra boost? This is all while i'm still 1/2 asleep from few hours of sleep In doing so, I LOST BALANCE. The can must have slid. Ya know, its the WAIST MANAGEMENT type, that have wheels....derf derf

Apparently i started to slip - and tried pushing away to clear the truck, with out success Yep , i went down, first time ever falling from the blazer , but c'mon...i thought i did this ALL the time last season with out any problem. not once...

Well right off the TOP of the tailgate, i flew- like a Ton 'a bricks. Ended up hitting/bashing the HECK out'a my right shin(2x the size of my left now, nice and bloody/goey) on the tailgate, i think? Bashed the left elbow....tweeked the back, busted 'ma butt, and left elbow.....PRETTY SLICK eh? Well i also managed to wiplash the back of my head into the ground to top it off. Had a knot on my head, JUST LIKE in looney tunes The noggens O.K., as much so as it ever was, ..but I can really feel it in my neck today!

Funny thing is, i mountain biked and dirt biked for years, and dont remember taking a spill this bad and hurting that many parts, at once! Well, off to soak in the girlfriends hottub.

Just wanted to let you know infact how cool i really am,
biggest dump @$$ of the week, John K
71 Blazer CST man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

Well at least the truck didnt get hurt, my theory is if something has to take a hit I would rather it be me then my truck, I am self healing, the truck on the other hand isn't :p
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
Cruiser71
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED

With a story that long, I thought you were going to say that you kicked the thing into drive and it hit a wall! Glad the Blazer is OK. Sorry to hear that you need some body work. Next time, I would walk the trash to the can.. Take care
Cruiser71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:36 AM   #4
Blue Beard

Sounds like everyone is for the blazer....you'll heal...
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #5
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Arrow

I'M SORRY, ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU? :p

I'M JUST GLAD THE BLAZER DOESN'T NEED COUNSELLING.

HOPE YA GET TO FEELING BETTER.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote