The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
Myself

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

When we redid our little show truck I got a whole weatherstripping kit for around $150.
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
Bigdually

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
<6wks turn around is solid kickin arse.
Well done 😎👍
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina/10 View Post
I ordered all those door glass channels from Rock Auto, they fit great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
When we redid our little show truck I got a whole weatherstripping kit for around $150.
I redid all the weatherstripping in the truck on the original cab with a kit from RockAuto that fit great. I ordered the same one again, it's in a box in the garage. Hopefully this evening I'll get it installed.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
Bigdually

Well, yesterday was a mixed bag of results.

I got the tires broken down, beads cleaned, remounted, and balanced and didn't even have to wait, I dropped it off and the shop did it while I was at work.

When I got home I got the door seals on both sides replaced, the A-pillar trim switched over, and I had just finished with the glass run on the drivers door and was installing the window glass when I fumbled and shattered it. I've had window glass in and out of these first gens probably 20 times on various trucks, and that was a first. There's a good local glass shop I like to use, so this morning when they open I'll be their first caller and get a new one coming. With any luck it won't be too long before it gets here.

On a positive note, the window seals from RockAuto are super nice and are fitting perfectly! If I have to wait on new glass at least I'll have the passenger side to work on until it comes in. I'm switching my red door panels over too and am going to try to salvage my red headliner. That will make the whole interior look more put together and less like a Kindergarten art project. Too many primary colors
Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 PM   #4
Bigdually

New glass came in today, called a little after 8 AM and had the new one there by 1 PM. My GF picked it up on her way home from work and we finished the weatherstripping project this evening. Also lubed the window regulators and swapped over my red door panels and the door lock cylinders from the red cab so that now all my keys are the same as they always were.

It's a LOT quieter in the cab now and it's nice that it isn't windy anymore with the windows up. I'm waiting for my floor mat, it should quiet things down even more. As far as the interior goes, I have only the headliner left to try and salvage. My red one was recovered not too long ago and I think maybe I can save it.