The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
pdxhall

Bed bolts

I'm getting ready to test assemble the bed on my 66 fleetside long bed Is there anybody that has a complete list of the bolts needed for assembly? I would also like to here which bolt "kits" you would recommend if I decide to go that route. Thanks in advance.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
PGSigns

Re: Bed bolts

I have used bolt kits from a couple of sources and have had good results. Most every one sells them for about the same price.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
Heater63

High praise for everything produced by Mar-K in OKCity. I used all stainless, and hidden fastener kit.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #4
cj847

Sorry to hijack, but i need some help as well.

I am trying to bolt down my bed (66 longbed). I just want it held on for now. Anyway, I thought that the bed hold down bolts (10 or so) would go thru the cross sills into the frame. However, see the pic. The bed is lined up and it appears there had never been a hole above the frame mounts in any of the cross sills. The bed is from another truck but is 60-66 fleetside vintage. Am I not understanding how the bed is attached?
Attached Images

cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #5
Angrywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I'm getting ready to test assemble the bed on my 66 fleetside long bed Is there anybody that has a complete list of the bolts needed for assembly? I would also like to here which bolt "kits" you would recommend if I decide to go that route. Thanks in advance.
I’m almost getting to the finish line on redoing my bed. I bought the bolt kit for under $150 from “the truck shop” in orange Ca. Kit is stainless as well.
Angrywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:01 PM   #6
raylube

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post

I am trying to bolt down my bed (66 longbed). I just want it held on for now. Anyway, I thought that the bed hold down bolts (10 or so) would go thru the cross sills into the frame. However, see the pic. The bed is lined up and it appears there had never been a hole above the frame mounts in any of the cross sills. The bed is from another truck but is 60-66 fleetside vintage. Am I not understanding how the bed is attached?
Try looking under the truck I think there is bolt on flat plate under those cross sill at the frame locations
raylube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:39 AM   #7
Angrywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post

Ive ran into the same problem. My truck is a 62 with the 74 frame in the back. So the holes dont line up with the cross sills for the bed. Got to drill some holes in the cross sills and will bolt to frame from there.
Angrywood is offline   Reply With Quote