The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2008, 03:50 AM   #26
WorkinLonghorn

Re: whos done the TBI conversion? thoughts

NDguy; I like that 30 cal.ammo can idea. BUT if you ever croos the border up there make sure you tell the inspector " If you check under the hood for any reason be prepared for what APPEARS to be a pipe-bomb,please stay cool and don't over react." Otherwise they may take your truck out back and blow it up just to be safe.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:29 PM   #27
Stingblob

I'm thinking of going this route:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EFI-Complet...IAAOSwkZhWS5EK

Last edited by Stingblob; 03-29-2020 at 10:30 PM. Reason: add text
Stingblob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:32 AM   #28
Jrainman

I recently bought a K10 project for a fantastic price , The engine and trans were not installed the PO had a 350 caprice police engine rebuilt to spec 350 hp ,the 700r4 that came with needed a rebuild ,the wiring was a mess ,but the truck exterior and interior and frame was done and finished very nice ,after the trans came back from a rebuild I installed the engine and trans it came with a loker floor shifter and the fuel system was also already done , it took me 4 days to get the engine to fire after much research on wiring diagrams and just trying to figure out what I had ,I called the PO several time with no help ,he did give me every receipt so I was able to get to the bottom of a lot of things ,I found the engine builders bill and called him he was very helpful ,I found out that the TBI unit was from a GM marine engine apparently if you want to build HP a Marine TBI is what you want to use , I have a lot of wiring clean up to do ,mostly on the inside , I will say I was one day away from ripping the TBI out and going to go carb but in the end I stuck it out , I have a bunch more to do and I am learning the tbi system as you guys are, its not really that hard to take on ,I found lots of wiring diagrams here and some help also .It is recommended to use a truck TBI system and pull everything and watch the years stay away from the 4l60e TBI systems they are a more difficult install because they are electronic shifted.
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #29
notsolo

I transplanted a 93 5.7 TBI in my Blazer, I bought a wiring harness for it from Howell...... (H 242)....all tagged with plugs ready to go. After sitting for a month or more, turn the key to on, let the fuel pump kick on starts up in 2-3 seconds. Also a website called jags that run....alot of 5.7 conversions.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote