The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Eaton NoSpin

Not mine, no affiliation, unsure if complete. Posting in case a member wishes to pursue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KS-10-Detro...AAAOSwgEVenaiv

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Eaton NoSpin

Man, is that what they go for now?? About as much as a new locker. 4 wheel parts sells them for just under $500 for 14-bolt. I love both the HO52 and the No-Spin, but that's a lot of money to put into a 50 or more year old rear with some service parts unavailable. At that price I'd just buy the 14-bolt unit and a cheap used 14-bolt and move it all over to my HO52 housing

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #3
Killer Bee

thanks for posting!

looks to be a little much $ for the condition, some spalling and wear visible in the pictures but appears to be serviceable..

my attraction is maintaining originality and quite frankly they're near bullet proof rear ends used in stock form with minimal abuse..

and these just don't turn up very often, especially separated out of the diff where it's condition is more visible..

the gears in my head are spinning, do I make offer, buy now, wait and do nothing?
Old 04-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Guts is guts, same as an engine. You can retain the HO52 and update with a new 14-bolt unit and 14-bolt axles. Good point about the naked unit, except many will need to pay a tech to set it up adding to the cost when it's a simple drop-in. But also makes it a heavy unit to ship. One I have I bought out of Alaska. I had the guy break it down to save shipping. I'm good on No-Spins and HO52s, have been for years. So, I'm out of it as far as crazy pricing goes. I have complete No-Spin rears guys sold me because they were swapping a 14-bolt in. You might cry if I told you what I paid

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-25-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
Killer Bee

I'm lockered and posi'd up on everything except for the ochre longhorn back on the farm.. for only one truck left, I'll stick to the original if possible.. but I know how you could dry my tears from what you paid for those no-spin lockers tho

from what I heard on the 73' up 14 bolts, there's some mods to install axles, etc. not just direct drop in.. there's C's K's G's, dually's, etc. all different axle widths to deal with.. I think there must be something to that or I believe it would be more popular.. I dunno for sure but not interested in mods anyway
Old 04-25-2020, 06:59 PM   #6
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

I’ve not seen a locker offered for sale here in years so was thinking it’s probably on par for current market value. What were these fetching five or more years ago - $300?

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
72Cheyenne454

I usually look for No-Spins while surfing Ebay. I saw two units sell last month. One for $495 + $20 shipping and the other for $499 with free shipping. Hard to believe they bring that much.
72Cheyenne454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:58 PM   #8
davischevy

I've been watching for one for my Longhorn. But it KB so I won't have to worry about it.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I put a No-Spin I bought used in a rear and it spun one wheel locked full-time like a go cart. Couldn't back it up my stone driveway or any incline off pavement. Forward wasn't much better. Went back in, inspected, couldn't see a thing wrong, so figure maybe weak springs? Detroit Gear doesn't even have those anymore. I had my drag racing buddy check it out and he saw nothing wrong. I just put another one in. I should put that one on Ebay for $500. The seller didn't know mine was bad and I doubt this seller knows either. That is why I would consider a new unit if that much is being spent. I was gambling $100. That unit is worth that for parts for my others now. I'll never go through installing that one again. I did a 14-bolt/HO52 with a friend using a 14-bolt 4wd rear. All we had to do was take, IIRC, 3/4" off the end of both shafts, and dress. We put 14-bolt G-series DRW brakes on it. Big brakes!

I'm just out of touch with the madness these trucks have created. Not really a player anymore. They've moved beyond my pay scale. Trying to build some retirement back and owning a house outright are my focus and hopefully then back to being a truck junky who pays whatever it costs they way I used to.

Tim

Old 04-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #10
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I put a No-Spin I bought used in a rear and it spun one wheel locked full-time like a go cart. Couldn't back it up my stone driveway or any incline off pavement. Forward wasn't much better. Went back in, inspected, couldn't see a thing wrong, so figure maybe weak springs? Detroit Gear doesn't even have those anymore. I had my drag racing buddy check it out and he saw nothing wrong. I just put another one in. I should put that one on Ebay for $500. The seller didn't know mine was bad and I doubt this seller knows either. That is why I would consider a new unit if that much is being spent. I was gambling $100. That unit is worth that for parts for my others now. I'll never go through installing that one again. I did a 14-bolt/HO52 with a friend using a 14-bolt 4wd rear. All we had to do was take, IIRC, 3/4" off the end of both shafts, and dress. We put 14-bolt G-series DRW brakes on it. Big brakes!

I'm just out of touch with the madness these trucks have created. Not really a player anymore. They've moved beyond my pay scale. Trying to build some retirement back and owning a house outright are my focus and hopefully then back to being a truck junky who pays whatever it costs they way I used to.

I hear you Tim and agree the demand for these trucks have raised prices into stupidity. I just picked up a 67 C20 custom. Nice optioned truck with a no spin, Buddy buckets. The no spin and buddy’s were gone but the truck wound up to be a very workable truck. Like you I thought maybe the horses legs grew a few feet and put that saddle out of reach. I feel fortunate to get it back from the dead.

I am sure the horses legs will shrink and you’ll get back in the saddle. To me, it’s like loosing a family member if I don’t have an old Chevy truck my life. It’s in your blood.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #11
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

I hear you Tim and agree the demand for these trucks have raised prices into stupidity. I just picked up a 67 C20 custom. Nice optioned truck with a no spin, Buddy buckets. The no spin and buddy’s were gone but the truck wound up to be a very workable truck. Like you I thought maybe the horses legs grew a few feet and put that saddle out of reach. I feel fortunate to get it back from the dead.

I am sure the horses legs will shrink and you’ll get back in the saddle. To me, it’s like loosing a family member if I don’t have an old Chevy truck my life. It’s in your blood.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote