The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
Ramiro0727

Inner fender bolts and front parking light connector

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the bolt sizes to bolt the inner fender well to the frame and the bolts that bolt it to the fender . I have all the bolts and the j nuts. I'm missing the bigger size bolts. All I'm looking for the front grille parking light connector that goes into the core support from the wiring harness. Where i can purchase this items.

Thanks,
Ramiro
Ramiro0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
RustyPile

Re: Inner fender bolts and front parking light connector

You didn't mention what year you're working on so the following may not apply to your vehicle.. On my '71 C/10 wide bed, the inner fender panels, front and rear, don't bolt to the frame.. The rear inners bolt only to the bed sides and floor.. The front inners bolt to the outer fender along the wheel opening arch.. They also bolt to the bottom of the core support at 3 points.. There is an additional bolt on each side that attaches the inner panel to a bracket welded to the lower firewall.. All the front panel bolts are 5/16 and look like these..

https://www.classicparts.com/1967-87...ctinfo/37-931/
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:45 AM   #3
Ramiro0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
You didn't mention what year you're working on so the following may not apply to your vehicle.. On my '71 C/10 wide bed, the inner fender panels, front and rear, don't bolt to the frame.. The rear inners bolt only to the bed sides and floor.. The front inners bolt to the outer fender along the wheel opening arch.. They also bolt to the bottom of the core support at 3 points.. There is an additional bolt on each side that attaches the inner panel to a bracket welded to the lower firewall.. All the front panel bolts are 5/16 and look like these..

https://www.classicparts.com/1967-87...ctinfo/37-931/
RustyPile,

I have a 72 C10. I only need the bolts that inner fender bolts to the cab. Plus the parking light connectors that go into the core support from the wiring harness.

Thanks,
Ramiro
Ramiro0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:38 AM   #4
Richard

The bolt you are looking for is 1.5"-2" long with a large captured washer. I have not seen it reproduced. They pop up on the parts board every now and then. Specialtyretail just sold a set. I have not seen the harness side park/turn connector sold by itself anywhere either. I am sure they are available as new harnesses are made. Just never seen them. Sign up for a subscription and post a WTB in the parts area.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
BigBird05

Unless you are doing a restoration you should be able to find a large washer at a good hardware store. Lock Doc is parting out a truck as of last week end. He should have the parts you are looking for.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

You can lift reproduction bolts off Ebay, I think they run about $15 each.

The original bolts off my 71 are:

Two (GR 5) 5/8" recessed hex tapered bolts with 2.1/4” spin washers. These mount the inner fender to the fixed nut on the cab rails. The bolt threads are 7/16-14 x 1.1/2. NOTE: The bolts are stamped double "F".
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #7
GMCPaul

We have the original bolts w/captured convex washer.
Parts # 19612455-2 67-72 Inner Fender To Cab Bolt W/Convex Washer $12.50 each
There were from 1-2 F-shims on each side used between the inner fender and the firewall brace this bolt fastens into, without them you can distort the inner fender metal when tightening bolt down and possible sheet metal alignment issues elsewhere depending upon what fasteners are loose when those bolts are tightened without shims. The shims we also carry and both can be found on the following page of our website.
https://gmcpauls.com/Bolts_&_Misc..htm
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote