The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
71Rat
ran out of money

A painless question

I am in dire need of a new wiring harness for my truck. I was thinking of going to a painless harness but i have talked to a few guys at work (custom car shop) and they had mixed feelings about painless. my main question is if i order the specific kit for 67-72 chevy trucks does it come with all new connectors? and is it almost an unplug the old harness and plug in the new painless? the main thing is i am missing connectors and it would be really nice to have a harness thats just like a stock one that i can plug in and not worry about anything... i would also need some relays and stuff like that. if painless is not the way to go then what in your opinion is the best kit out there and if you could give me reasons why that would be great! sorry for making this soo long but i need to find the best kit for myself because i am tired of trying to fix all the things wrong with patch kits and old wires, i would just feel more comfortable with all new wires and new connectors so i dont light on fire one day.

Thanks sooo much for your help
Rat
Old 06-26-2004, 04:43 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

The vendors listed on the home page sell wiring harnesses, I am sure. GMCPaul does, and he is a member. I bought mine from LMC and www.wiringharness.com. They came with correct color codes and connectors, and even the retaining clips on the engine harness. M&H Fabricators is the web site that I cited, above. They will build you a harness for original distributor or for an HEI, per your needs. The lighting harnesses come with wiring for the side marker lights that we don't have, for the most part. They are "plug and play" and user friendly, at least for the harnesses that I have bought.

I think Painless is a reliable company and you can talk to them if you have questions. They should be open and candid and answer all that you have. M&H is very custormer oriented and also candid. LMC is just a sales person who is taking your order. GMCPaul works on 'em, so I'm betting he will shoot you straight, too. He isn't going to want to sell something he wouldn't or shouldn't use, or that isn't going to hook up like the originals.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

All plugs are provided except the turn signal plugs. I've installed Painless on two of my own vehicles and I'm about to do a third.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:05 AM   #4
Harold Shepard

71 Rat
M&H is the way to go they are great with customer service - rep walked me through bad ground on my brother's 70 rust bucket over the phone and they stand behind their stuff. Painless imo is not painless but painful, helped a friend rewire 4x4 last summer and it was not plug and play as origioals are. Would be great set-up if your are planning on alot of mods (electric fan, fuel pump etc.) Harold
Harold Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote