The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
Old65C10

MOLLE Panels for door panels

A while back I was looking for a way to add MOLLE type bags to the doors of my 91 Suburban. I was not able to find anything for our trucks, but found that they are made for other trucks like the Toyota. So I set to designing my own.
These are 10x10in and mount in place of the pocket on the driver/passenger doors.
I did have to drill 4 holes in the door and use rubber compression nuts. This way I do not have to remove the door panel to get the panels off to change up the bags or whatever I want to attach.
I work for a large Water-Jet manufacturer and so I designed these to be cut on a water-jet. I then had a local guy cut them out for me. If you are interested in these, let me know and I can either have them cut for you, or send you the file and you can have them cut at Big Blue Saw or other place.
If you don't know, MOLLE is the newer military attachment system. The internet is loaded with all kinds of MOLLE pouches and bags of all sizes and shapes. Even my Leatherman 300 came with MOLLE attachment.
Here is how it turned out.

Old65C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #2
LT7A

Re: MOLLE Panels for door panels

That's pretty cool. What's the necessary depth between the MOLLE panel and what it's mounted to? And dang dude, an axe on each door? You're like fully ready for the zom-pocalypse.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
Old65C10

Re: MOLLE Panels for door panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
That's pretty cool. What's the necessary depth between the MOLLE panel and what it's mounted to? And dang dude, an axe on each door? You're like fully ready for the zom-pocalypse.
The depth is about 1/4in. you just need enough for the webbing to feed behind the panel.
As for the axes, It is an "Overland" Suburban, this was just an easy way to mount the axe and the hatchet so they weren't loose and I could get at them easy. I don't want an axe loose and able to fly around while off road.
Everything I have done to this Suburban is to make it better for travel/camping and off road.
Old65C10 is offline   Reply With Quote