The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
65chevysub

C2500 lowering kit

Does anyone make a kit to lower a C2500? I have an 84 GMC Sierra that Id like to lower a little bit. I dont want to go really low, and Im not hauling anything heavy. I have an aluminum/steel shell from the same era that will go back on eventually.
Thanks
Attached Images

65chevysub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: C2500 lowering kit

If you want 3" use C30 drop spindles, and C30 calipers. Everything else you have will interchange.

Call summit they are pretty good about helping find the right spring rates. If you want lime 2" deop or something smaller.

For the rear have your spring de arched or the eyes flipped. If your will to weld or do more then bolt in parts. You can flip the axle, and relocate the hangers to get exactly what you want.

You may need the drive shaft shortened.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #3
SCOTI

Re: C2500 lowering kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65chevysub View Post
Does anyone make a kit to lower a C2500? I have an 84 GMC Sierra that Id like to lower a little bit. I dont want to go really low, and Im not hauling anything heavy. I have an aluminum/steel shell from the same era that will go back on eventually.
Thanks
How much is "a little bit"? That varies from one guy to the next.

A simple 2-3" front drop:

* Cut a coil off the current springs for an easy ~2" of front drop & it won't kill the ride quality. One coil is the most I'm willing to cut though.
* Use C20/30 drop spindles. They'll be 3" of drop & are apparently scare right now as the few suppliers out there are out-of or low on inventory of them.

For the back you could:

* Order new leafs from a spring company.
* Do shackles + front hangers using the current springs for ~4". That's a common one.
* A flip kit is ~7-8" of drop so that's likely beyond "a little bit" but also common.
* Use 1/2 ton rate leafs from another truck as they give a softer ride but @ the sacrifice of capacity. Drop will vary on what each vehicles current set-up is so that's a trial & error approach.

Try Switch Suspension: https://switchsuspension.com/lowerin...lowering-kits/
Try Lowboy Motorsports: http://lowboymotorsports.com/
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote