The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2004, 03:59 PM   #26
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Fuel cut off switch wired in with the headlights. Why would they turn on the headlights BEFORE starting the truck? You have to put the switch somewhere where it won't be noticable that you have a switch. Either that or never give anybody a ride. Ever. My mom had a fuel cutoff switch behind the ashtray, an aquaintance that she gave a ride to stole the car because they saw where my mom had put the switch.
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:06 PM   #27
jlmtrout

Grant makes a removable steering wheel security device that has a cap that locks over the steering hub after the wheel is removed. Cost is about $100, call Summit and ask for it. Good luck and keep on truckin'.......Jerry
600 cfm Edelbrock,Small Comp Cams retro-roller cam and roller rockers,9:1 cr, headers, HEI,Old Air a/c, 72 power disc brakes w/stainless lines, 3.42 gear,T-56 6-speed, original paint(what's left of it). Dakota Digital Dash
jlmtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:08 PM   #28
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

If you hang/associate with people who steal from you..............
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:49 PM   #29
trinic

I've always liked the idea of running a few thousand volts under your door handle.You would arm it as usually with a keyless remote and it should be set. Problem is you could get yourself or child. Might create a system that recognizes your keyless remote, and inactivates as soon as you come within a few feet.
Only problem I see with this, is a potential law suit coming your way if a would be thief was electrocuted....

I've used the neutral switch cutoff in a few of my cars. I never use a toogle switch, but instead use a 2 inch piece of wire with a male quick disconnect on ethier end, which connects to two fully-insulated female quick disconnects. I take the piece of wire with me when ever I leave the car. Your typical would be thief will never know if the disconnected wire that is hanging is the actual kill switch.
Attached Images

trinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:06 PM   #30
MACKL
Almost done!

Thanks for all of the input. I am not going to tell you which one I will be trying, just in case the thief is among us! Kelly

The 1970 SWB Project

Removed 6cyl manual trans, manual everything
V8-350
Auto/PS/PDB
Blazer Fuel Tank
Behind the Marker Light Fuel Fill
MACKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #31
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

There has been numerous shows on tv and articles written about the "CLUB"

They say it's the easiest of ALL anti-theft devices to get around.. Most thiefs just cut the steering wheel with Bolt Cutters,(Big ones of course !) and pull the CLub off..

There was an L.A. cop Auto Theft division, that was a member on this board a couple of years ago, He had designed and had produced an anti-theft set up that was easy to install, and it was guaranteed with an insurance policy against theft..

I lost his information when my computer crashed.....

Do any of you old timers to the board remember him or have his info???
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #32
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

I remember about a battery with a built kill switch that was activated/deactiaved with a remote.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:17 PM   #33
Figment412

Has anyone done any door mods to keep someone with a coathanger from getting in?

1968 GMC short bed
1972 Cab
74 SB Chevy running gear
Figment412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #34
valk_ryder

My favorite theft deterrent
Attached Images

valk_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:12 AM   #35
LatinStyle67

I like mine better.....Millenium Taurus
Attached Images

LatinStyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:51 AM   #36
gabet40

i had something that worked well with a few theives. its actually more of a way to attract them and then scare them off but i had shaved door handles so im not sure if it would attract them the same.
anyway, i had a button 'hidden' under the cab (right where a door popping switch would be mounted) but instead of triggering the door, it was a straight alarm trigger. after installing it i had 5 hits in 3 months! after that it seemed that they caught on and left me alone.
but nearly all alarms come with the starter kill. another thing i did but is only for fuel injection is pulled the relay thats in my cab that goes straight to my fuel pump.

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust

Last edited by gabet40; 06-30-2004 at 04:53 AM.
gabet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:05 AM   #37
gabet40

ok i have to tell this story.
one of my alarm remotes came up missing and it would go off out of no where so i knew something was up. so one morning at about 4 am my neighbor woke me up and said someone was just in my truck. so when i went out there my rear ignition was all over the floor, along with a new front ignition that they had brought to use. ironically, my rear ignition was already messed up and a new one was already in the mail so when they opened it, it just fell apart in their hands so they couldnt start it, but thats the dissapointing part!
i was also having a driveshaft made so if they started it and put it in drive, it wouldve just sat there while they revved the engine and woke up the neighborhood with my twin flowmasters. so we were pretty upset that the ignition broke on them but at least i got a new ignition out of it!

Former owner of:
69 1/2 ton, change from long/fleet to short/fleet, shaved door handles, shaved tailgate, 4/6 drop, power windows, 700r4
72 blazer, 350 with Holley Commander 950 DFI, crane energizer cam, 350 tranny, dual sanderson blockhuggers/magnaflow exhaust
gabet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:57 PM   #38
Eddie H.

I think I'm going to get the "TRUNK MONKEY THEFT RETREIVAL SYSTEM"
check it out at this website: http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/
Old 07-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #39
Zonaman

I go with an Autolock . It fits on the brake pedal instead of the steering wheel. That's a bit better because it's easier to saw a Club off the wheel than it is to get through the hardened steel on a brake pedal. I'm going to look into a decent kill switch as well. Got the truck insured up the yin-yang as a last ditch.