The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
rechinca

Need full pulley set up for SBC / SWP / PS

So motor almost fully together, but as I put it back together I am finding more issues. None of the pumps line up and none of the part numbers match anything in the GM parts catalog. I need the water pump and crank pulley set. I have the correct one for the pump. Need ASAP!
Old 11-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Need full pulley set up for SBC / SWP / PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechinca View Post
So motor almost fully together, but as I put it back together I am finding more issues. None of the pumps line up and none of the part numbers match anything in the GM parts catalog. I need the water pump and crank pulley set. I have the correct one for the pump. Need ASAP!
We can try and help with the pulleys and may already have them removed/stored on the shelf ready to ship out. You mention "none of the pumps line up" in your above post, so just wanted to confirm that the pulleys needed are for a small block with a swp to only run/drive the water pump, alternator and p/s pump? To try and get this done in one shot and on the first try, let us know or add a picture of the year/style of brackets that you are trying to match and line up with and also confirm the pulley part number on your p/s pump, pulley #'s ending in 943, 537 and 325 are a few of the common p/s pump mounted pulley numbers. Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #3
rechinca

Classic, I will shoot some info now. I know the PS pump pulley and water pump pulley are way off, as in not even close to what I need. I *believe* I have good options for the crank pulleys.
Current Crank:
3755820BC 1-groove against balancer
3751232BB 1-groove stamped
and
3923898 2-groove cast

Water Pump:
3927797AF - Think its a 6 cylinder with no power steering pulley

PS Pump:
3770509CE - No idea what this is for

I have the manual and think I "might" know what I need but I will defer to your expertise.

I have the correct lower PS pump bracket that bolts to the block and the LH engine mount. May have been Grumpy I bought that from or sent me to the correct mount when I purchased it. I verified it then before purchase about a year ago.

BTW, don't think it matters, but trying to match it all up on a new Gen 1 GM crate motor. The last one was a debacle of bad mechanics and guys who knew less than nothing hence the 6 cylinder pulley on the water pump that almost hit the balancer and crank pulley. I can get some pics in a couple of minutes, just wanted to get you the info ASAP. I will take what I need, but if you have as a set and don't want to break it up, I will take a matching set.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #4
rechinca

That should have read none of the Pulleys line up, not pumps...
Old 11-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
rechinca

Classic you are correct.

Just running Water pump, crank, alternator and power steering. No AC at this time, will be adding Vintage Air next summer. Also here is the bracket for the PS pump.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 10:02 AM   #6
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechinca View Post
Classic you are correct.

Just running Water pump, crank, alternator and power steering. No AC at this time, will be adding Vintage Air next summer. Also here is the bracket for the PS pump.
Rechinca, it's going to be Monday 11/09 before I can get any pulley info/pics back to you, if a matched set pops up you should probably grab them. Am typing this from my phone sorry about the delay, Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:20 AM   #7
rechinca

I may have a correct PS pulley inbound. I was able to locate a 3993325 PS pulley and have a 3751232 crank pulley currently. From what I gleaned from a post you made, I believe that is a workable set, just need a water pump pulley to finish it off. At any rate if you can help out on that end or still have a matched set, let me know I am still interested in either option.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #8
rechinca

Classic, got your message, and thanks to a couple of guys here, I believe I have the right parts coming in in the next week. Once I Hager the pets and verify it all lines up I will make a separate post in the forums for reference as to at least what my parts are that worked and lined up correctly for my by part number. Hopefully that will help some of the future questions for those chasing the ghosts of adding factory power steering to a SBC with a SWP to at least the 71-72 years. As I learned on a phone call with Abe, there are considerations and questions to answered between the years thanks to “engineers”!