The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 AM   #1
botboy
Account Suspended

Woohoo new scores!

The past two weeks have been good to me

First, I won a 1968 C/50 on ebay at $103.50, 350, 5 spd, close to driveable but no title (working on that). I wanted the truck bad and bid $450.

Next, I found a wrecker bed for above truck at a local yard for $250, all hydraulics work and the owner said he'd cut it off and put it on my trailer for me.

That was last week.

Monday of this week, I am driving home from work and what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a C/20 Custom camper (longhorn baby!). After talking to the owners son he said that he would talk to his dad about how much he actually wants for it, truck is a '69 with a 4 on the floor and a 292.

After talking with the owners son for a while longer, discovered he also has a '71 GMC 1500 he is interesting in selling along with his dads longhorn as sort of a package deal. Truck has an auto and a blown engine, new body panels (rockers/floor/corners) and will be cheap, he's currently deciding a price and going to give me a call back

I also scored on ebay again, this time a blue 67 C/30 1-ton duallie with no bed, fresh 250 and 4 on floor (runs but needs new radiator and gas tank) and in the same auction, a dark blue '75 C/30, also a duallie, with a TH400 and a 350 thats been sitting awhile and also has no bed. Both trucks won in same auction at the amazing price of $102.50. Woohoo! Going to pick those two up this weekend with a friend.

I'm now seriously considering dropping the 350 from my current daily beater which has been switched to fuel injection into the '67 in front of the 4spd (I HATE AUTOMATICS!). The '67 will need new rockers and cab corners (I already have a spare set of cab corners lying around), versus the '72 I'm currently driving which needs a whole new cab and windshield, front fenders and bumper to look descent.

If anyone in the local area (Minnesota around twin cities) is interested, if I do that swap I will have for sale: (and I think right now the swap is very likely to definitely)
* Full dual exhaust system from a '72 for ramshorns, minimal rust looks nice sounds good (decided I'm doing things a different way on new truck)
* Crappy '72 cab, descent frame, open 12 bolt 3.07 rear carrier
* Three doors, one has a speaker hole in it, 2 passenger doors, 2 from '72 have glass & good regulators, all need a little rust repair, all need paint
* '72 core support, front fenders (need work) front eggcrate (driver condition) outer grille (driver condition)
* Smoked '72 park/turn lights (cost me good money but look badass, completely black until you turn them on, street legal)
* '72 front bumper, bent, driver/beater condition (At least ashley's jetta got the snot beaten out of it when she turned her jetta into my truck while it was parked)
* TH350 in good condition with everything up to the tilt column
* 5 lug generic chrome centerline style rims
* '67 non-tilt column & steering wheel
* '67 truck mirrors (too damn big for my liking)
* '67 front 1-ton suspension (I like my power steering, power brakes and disks on my '72 and will most likely put that in the front of the '67)
* 67 interior pieces (dash and bench seat, keeping my buick seats and almost-done-smoothing-it dash)
* 75 truck as a whole or in pieces, will have it running shortly after it gets in my garage

PM or email me if interested in anything botboy60@hotmail.com. Pictures coming right up...
botboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

I want to score some deal slike that. Good luck i know you need it.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:08 AM   #3
Blue Beard

With scores like that, I sure hope you live in the country. Or have a bid shop for them.

When does that kind of luck come along...?
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

I'd like to see the 250 running when you get it. I'd like to get the correct motor for my 67 longbox.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #5
botboy
Account Suspended

I live on a 40 acre hobby farm in Delano (about 5 miles left of the middle of nowhere). My nearest neighbor is 1/3rd of a mile away one whole side of the property runs along a river with trees so nobody complains. Even if they did I could throw them in the machine shed, which I do if the weather outside is nasty. Having the trucks near the road has helped me sell a few quicker and even got one of mine completely parted that way (a '69 CST/20, some random stranger stopped by and took my number, a week later he was there with a new chevy truck and a gooseneck to put it on). My parents have taken to calling my vehicular hobbies the "trucks across america campaign"
Old 07-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
botboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-burb
I'd like to see the 250 running when you get it. I'd like to get the correct motor for my 67 longbox.
Will you be home this weekend? I could drive it over tomorrow so you can hear it running. PM me with your phone number I no longer have it...