The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Wow, they can tell you what color to paint it? That's kind of a mind-blower. The pickup I'm referring to is in the upper left hand corner of your picture that I reposted

You have no idea man how difficult it is over here. I need to get an engineer to ok my wheels since they are not original and Vossen doesnt make a specific 1983 c10 wheel.

Ah yes, the pink hot rods. Our driveway is littered with hot pink hot rods
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
LT7A

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44boggers View Post
You have no idea man how difficult it is over here. I need to get an engineer to ok my wheels since they are not original and Vossen doesnt make a specific 1983 c10 wheel.

Ah yes, the pink hot rods. Our driveway is littered with hot pink hot rods
I thought the pink bucket was attached to the tricycle, hence a pickup. The colors went so well together...

I'm not sure their stack of rules is any crazier than the fact that we can do almost anything to our vehicles over here. The fact that they can dictate color though... I would bet good money that when they made that law, somebody said, if we don't, our roads could end up with all sorts of crazy looking stuff like in America, haha.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #3
44boggers

Actually yeah it is a pick up then. I forgot that mode has a bed on it.

I would bet my life they said that, can’t be like those friggin Americans. Meanwhile every kraut wears a Yankees hat.

There is for sure a fine line with being crazy strict or like in the us, basically anything flys.
I remember back in the day flying through town with my 87 k20 with an 8" suspension lift and 2inch body lift on 44" boggers, no inspection and just waving to cops and they waived back. Oh yeah with 5 buddies in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I thought the pink bucket was attached to the tricycle, hence a pickup. The colors went so well together...

I'm not sure their stack of rules is any crazier than the fact that we can do almost anything to our vehicles over here. The fact that they can dictate color though... I would bet good money that when they made that law, somebody said, if we don't, our roads could end up with all sorts of crazy looking stuff like in America, haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote