The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #1
LNP

Re: proportion valve or distribution block

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
I purchased this set up from one of our members who was going to disc brakes. I got m/c, booster, valve, bracketry as a unit that came off his truck. I don't know if stock or after market, but it had been on his truck for a year before he converted, so I assume it all was fine. The rod to booster also was a part of package. I took my non power brake unit off and installed all of this at same time. All in wheels are new from shoes to brake cylinders to new lines. I feel like it is an bleeding air issue, but we bled it all more than once and no better. I can put on brakes and it will slow down back wheels turning but not stop (rear on jack stands). I guess I should start with m/c and bleed, then attach valve and bleed from there then work my way through wheels. I just feel I am going around in circles and missing something each time.
There is a possibility the master cylinder itself has an issue. Did you try bench bleeding the master cylinder before installing it? Sometimes any angle at all will keep it from bleeding out completely. Try putting it in a vice level and then bleed it out. Then after reinstalling it rebleed the rear brakes to see if that helps. Make sure while bleeding the master cylinder never goes low on fluid as it can easily suck in air and ruin the work you just did.
LNP is offline   Reply With Quote