The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2004, 09:37 PM   #1
Nova_Cobra64

Inner rear window trim q......

Does the rubber trim or whatever it would be called, around the rear window inside the cab come out or is it urethaned in? I want to tear the current tint off and put new stuff on. I just removed the "Cobras" (my HS football team) decal off the window and now it is dark where the decal was and faded everywhere else. The previous owner had a decal that said "redneck" (no idea why....) and that is also noticeable.

If the seal will come out easily and go back in as easily I will tint it, otherwise I might just take the tint off and leave it be......
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
walker

Easiest way is to remove the rear window. You just pull the lip of the window inward and push the glass out. It takes three hands to do it though. Then scrape the tint off with several new, sharp, razor blades. Apply the new tint and reinstall the rubber on the window when good and dry. Then put a piece of 1/4" rope in the window groove all the way around and overlap a few inches. hold the window up in the hole exactly where it goes, don't fudge it up or down. Gently tug the rope from inside the cab to reseat the rubber lip. Two people is a must. May consider just buying a new rubber and cutting the old rubber if it is hard.
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:23 PM   #3
Nova_Cobra64

So you mean this rubber is basically the only thing holding the window in?
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

unless somebody was "playin", the rubber should not be glued in. A hook tool(cotter pin puller), & a spare set of hands should pop that back glass , no problem. That glass is tempered, & will take some chit to break. I would pull the inside lip back, & shoot it full of D 40....get your helper to work the pin puller, & "spank that glass" with your open hand from the inside out. if you get the top/sides out(when you get em out), the rest will lift out....duck soup! if you play with the windsheild(front), you better have a little (oops, a lot more respect ! ) best of luck, crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote