The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
BT Classics

Tonneau Cover Clips

The tonneau cover on the '72 Stepside has seen better days. The stitching is coming undone and some of the clips have broken. It's being held together with duct tape and losing that battle.

First thought was to replace the whole thing. I searched this forum for available options. Unfortunately most of the ones listed on here have been discontinued or not available. I was looking for a soft cover like what was on it (to keep costs down). A hard cover would be nice but $2k isn't really in the budget.

The frame is fine so my second thought was just to have a new cover made. This one does not use the traditional snaps. It uses hidden rectangular clips that snap into the frame. There are no markings to figure out who manufactured it. A local upholstery shop said they could make one but did not have any of those clips. If I could obtain the clips, I stand a better chance of having one made.

Anyone know (or guess) who manufactured this tonneau cover or where I could get replacement clips?

Thanks.
Attached Images

BT Classics is offline   Reply With Quote