The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
lexteak

Problems 1965 rear cab supports

I'm building a 1965 c10. Currently doing rust repair on the cab. Passenger side rockers and some floor patches, pretty standard stuff and I have that side completed. I started on the drivers side, first thing to do replace the rear cab support, I did not do this on the passenger side. The cab support I have is not in the correct shape. The two side (one along the bottom of the floor, the other along the rocker are at the wrong angle. Pretty significant difference, maybe 15 degrees. I have checked parts from 3 different manufacturers and they are all the incorrect angle. I believe one of 2 things are going on. My truck was made somehow with different parts than a standard c10. Or possibly these parts got made wrong somewhere and they are all copying off the incorrect parts. I have some photos detailing the differences. Has anyone else had an issue with 1960 to 1966 rear cab supports from aftermarket like TriPlus? Thanks in advance for any info you have.
lexteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:50 PM   #2
static80

Re: Problems 1965 rear cab supports

I had the same problem. Made a couple pie cuts with the angle grinder and welded it back together.
Attached Images

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:39 PM   #3
SkinnyG

Gibson63 on YouTube had the same problem with his, as did I, and I just cut and sliced as he did.

However, if you have a step side (as I do), you really need to slice it differently so the bottom angled edge of the support matches the angle of the cab, so that the triangle rock guards fit proper. I had to alter the rock guard mounts to fit.

Go into this assuming no aftermarket parts fit properly, and you will be less disappointed. Still disappointed, but less so.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:36 PM   #4
lexteak

Thanks for the reply. I looked around and couldn't find any info. I followed gibson's build must have missed this. Most of the parts so far needed tweeking so no problem on that I just wanted to know if there was something else going on. Thanks again, cut off wheel to the rescue.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
65truckowner

I had the same problem just have to cut and shape it to the way you want it
65truckowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:53 PM   #6
lexteak

Thanks for the reply. It's just to bad they can't make the part correct. It has to be a certain shape, why not just make it the right shape. I blame the branders like Tricore and Dynacore as well sellers, like Jegs and Summit. If the **** comes from india and it isn't right, don't accept it and put your name on it. I would gladly pay 3 times the price for a USA made part that was speced correctly.