The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
hodag

Is AD Engineering kits still around?

Was looking for AD Engineering kits and seem to not be able to find them. Are they in business anymore? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #2
dsraven

Re: Is AD Engineering kits still around?

after doing a little google check it seems there is no link or site for them. gotta assume they are gonezo. are you considering an S10 swap? maybe pm contact joedoh as he is the resident S10 swap master for the AD trucks and I think he even has a kit of his own that he may be able to put together for you. he has a lot of info on what works for the stance you want and has done so many he proolly lost count. he could do them in his sleep now. actually, if he parks the trucks close together in the yard, they will probably just give it up and swap themselves over night, haha.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #3
dsraven

actually, I found a site for advanced design engineering through the
steelcity73.wix/advanced-engineering/kit-components
it has an email adress
salesandinfo@AD-Engineering.com
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #4
hodag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
after doing a little google check it seems there is no link or site for them. gotta assume they are gonezo. are you considering an S10 swap? maybe pm contact joedoh as he is the resident S10 swap master for the AD trucks and I think he even has a kit of his own that he may be able to put together for you. he has a lot of info on what works for the stance you want and has done so many he proolly lost count. he could do them in his sleep now. actually, if he parks the trucks close together in the yard, they will probably just give it up and swap themselves over night, haha.
Just wondering for the next one. Joe is the man, is for sure. Thanks
Old 03-14-2022, 08:13 PM   #5
mr48chev

Web site= https://steelcity73.wixsite.com/adva...ering/products

1300 for the kit plus all the extras plus the S-10 for the chassis get pretty spendy to build what amounts to a cheap truck.

Doing it the way Joedoe does it keeps the cost down to the S-10 chassis donor and a few dollars worth of metal.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:16 AM   #6
Tempest67

there is enough info on this website to make your own cab mounts to get the stance you are after.

I cut some steel tubes and made mine
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:10 PM   #7
joedoh

they had a fire or a shop mishap a few years ago, they were selling the designs and business part and parcel. i looked at it but it was too much time for the expected return, and the AD kit a lot of guys felt was too high mounted, it needed a lot of lowering components. last i saw another shop had taken it over, the steel city guys.

i have a weld on kit i designed and keep improving on every iteration. my struggle is that i can do the design and prototyping in about 1/100th of the time it takes to get parts from the laser cutter.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #8
mr48chev

Someone shared their drawings for the S-10 to AD cab mounts on here several years ago. They may be on the main S-10 swap page.

What Joedoe said on the ride height of the aftermarket kits to stick and S-10 frame under and AD has been an issue from the get go. Those kits were designed for guys who wanted a more original looking original height truck rather than a lowered truck. They as far as I know were also designeed so you don't have to do a lot of front end sheet metal trimming (hacking) as you do with most subframe swaps or if you want the truck to sit a lot lower on the S=10 frame.

I've got a cab sitting out back that I have thought about sticking on an S-10 short bed frame with a shortened box and setting the cab right down close to the frame and not running running boards.

Without the tilt nose but similar to the trucks a couple of my buddies built over the years. here is one of them.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:49 PM   #9
joedoh

mr48 if you mount a cab that low on an s10 chassis the frame horns will be at about the middle of the grille.

my kit is a good balance against big changes at the splash pan and huge tranny tunnels. my kit only needs a tiny bump for a 4l60e, and minor cuts at the splash pan.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 05:51 PM   #10
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
mr48 if you mount a cab that low on an s10 chassis the frame horns will be at about the middle of the grille.

my kit is a good balance against big changes at the splash pan and huge tranny tunnels. my kit only needs a tiny bump for a 4l60e, and minor cuts at the splash pan.
I know that from the get go, I had to do a butcher job on the front end sheet metal on my truck when I subframed it in 1980. One reason I don't advocate subframing one of these trucks with a Camaro/nova stub anymore. 1980's Tech that is now obsolete with what we have available now. When I did my truck you could get a stripped Nova or first gen Camaro for dragging it home and cutting it up. Now locally they want 600 or more for a rusty subframe.

If I did the truck this way it would be done using my left over pieces that I have laying around. It sure wouldn't be fancy and probably run what ever engine and trans that I could dig up. It would probably have my old cab with the firewall out of one of the other cabs I have in it. A Beyond Joedoe low buck build.

Old 03-17-2022, 01:57 PM   #11
NorCalGal

There is a member here 99 to life who makes a kit that is adjustable to your liking.here’s the link www.coffeeandcustoms.com