The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #1
69 customcamper

TMI Interiors

Can we get photos of trucks with TMI interiors and reviews about the quality?

Application is a 67 c10.
69 customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:39 AM   #2
my kids toy

Re: TMI Interiors

I have tmi products and I am not a big fan anymore.
The Pro-Series Universal Sport-R 60" bench seat
I am 5'10" and to sit back as far as I can I feel like I am leaning forwards at the top a tad too much and I do not care for the big hump in the middle.
The center console you can get for it does not mount easily and to me it is a nice arm rest but the top could have gone back another 2" to be better and they did a poor stitch job on the flip up cover and they had to replace the flip top.
The carpet was a big joke and the edge stitching was very poor, I did not even use it so I purchased a 1 piece molded carpet.
The door panels are nice but could have been a touch longer were it meets the side window sills.
The dash pad is nice but when tightening it down one bolt fastener broke loose from the fiberglass so now will not tighten.
When I first received all these parts half of it needed to be sent back ( on there dime ) because it had glue residue all over the place.
If I was to order a seat again I would wish I went with the sport deluxe style bench seat.
my kids toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:41 AM   #3
rs74

I can't really help much with this but Snowden also makes a nice seat as well. I don't know if he does door panels, dash pads or carpet though.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:03 PM   #4
Speedracer39

Sorry no help from me. But I’ve been looking at the bucket seats they carry and just checked out there website 20% off during the month on March. I may pull the trigger
Speedracer39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:22 AM   #5
SkidmoreGarage

I wanted to add my experience. I bought a TMI dash pad. None of the studs were in the right place and both vinyl cover edges needed to be glued back down. It also had glue residue all over the edges. It took 3 months to get so I made it work.

I elongated the holes in the dash, which wasn't enough. I ended up removing and epoxying the studs over an inch away. The studs popped out of the fiberglass way too easily. It ended up looking pretty good, but I wouldn't run to buy something from then again.
SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #6
KW5413

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kids toy View Post
....to sit back as far as I can I feel like I am leaning forwards at the top a tad too much and I do not care for the big hump in the middle.
Same for me. Not head-over-heals with the top dash cover either. Door panels, so-so. The interior was already in when I bought the '69. Just not happy with this TMI product. Not sure if the seat belts came from them but, the ratchet mechanism sucks.

Looking at moving to GM seats with the seat belts imbedded in the seat. Just haven't quite made up my mind on that. Recovering in a black leather should keep the overall look on track.
Attached Images

KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:37 PM   #7
my kids toy

I have the same seat as that but the center console is not the same so I am thinking that is not a TMI unless it is a old model.
I do not think they make seat belts, the ones I bought were sold on here from a vendor and I do not like the mech as well, you need to pull it slow or it locks up.
I moved the seat up one notch so I could lean the seat back one notch and it is better.
my kids toy is offline   Reply With Quote