The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #26
72c20customcamper

Re: What I saw at the Portland Swap Meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Thank you. I couldn't get them to blow up. Darn good price on those. I hope I can find some scores at ours this year.
It’s hit and miss at swap meets . I had been looking for a set of nice 68 front fenders . Nothing but worse than the ones I took off the truck was all I was finding . Then Last year at Truck Carlisle before I even pulled into my vending spots I bought 2 sets of original paint rust free oem fenders with a few minor dents. They were about three spots up from mine. Funny thing is my wife is standing at my spots trying to guide me backing in with the trailer. Guy walking by yells to her " He’s not in the truck" she walks up as I’m paying the guy and I tell her we’re $250 in the hole already and to help me load the fenders . She just rolled her eyes .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:29 AM   #27
jumpsoffrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
It’s hit and miss at swap meets . I had been looking for a set of nice 68 front fenders . Nothing but worse than the ones I took off the truck was all I was finding . Then Last year at Truck Carlisle before I even pulled into my vending spots I bought 2 sets of original paint rust free oem fenders with a few minor dents. They were about three spots up from mine. Funny thing is my wife is standing at my spots trying to guide me backing in with the trailer. Guy walking by yells to her " He’s not in the truck" she walks up as I’m paying the guy and I tell her we’re $250 in the hole already and to help me load the fenders . She just rolled her eyes .
She's agood woman but we all know, sometimes if you don't jump on an opportunity, they could be gone in a second...
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:26 PM   #28
jonmc56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Thanks for posting and sharing with us. Plan to attend the largest swap meet in the mid-west at the end of this month at Texas Motor Speedway near Denton, Tx. Generally known as "The Pate Swap Meet". Have been gong there pretty regularly for a number of years. Generally upward of 2,200-2,400 actual vendors, not vendor spots. Scheduled, postponed, rescheduled and finally cancelled last year. Really keyed up to go this year, hope it's a good one.

Really liking that blue '68 Chevrolet crew cab. Looks to be very well done, did it happen to be for sale? I'd roll along in that any day of the week for sure. Lots of good parts it looks like and the weather seemed great. Good times to be had by one and all I'm sure.
Thanks for the feedback. The '68 crew cab was for sale, don't remember the price. I believe that one is from a local place called Krieg Restoration Parts across the river in Vancouver Washington (Todd). I could be wrong, but I've seen similar trucks done by that company.
jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote