The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
Jason kitchens

Adjusting my cab on my '68 short bed

Hello, does anybody know any tricks on how to adjust my cab on my 1968 C10 short bed? It is completely put together except for the bed I just removed the cab mounts but not sure on how to move the whole thing if I can or not ?
Jason kitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:22 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Adjusting my cab on my '68 short bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason kitchens View Post
Hello, does anybody know any tricks on how to adjust my cab on my 1968 C10 short bed? It is completely put together except for the bed I just removed the cab mounts but not sure on how to move the whole thing if I can or not ?

What are you trying to do, replace the cab mounts? Why does the cab need to be adjusted?

More information would sure help on this.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 09:43 PM   #3
Jason kitchens

-
Was in an accident and I think the cab was shifted to the right side a little bit making the bed not fit. I'm going to change out the bushings on the cabmounts just don't know if it will move forward with everything in place.

Quote:
Quote:

What are you trying to do, replace the cab mounts? Why does the cab need to be adjusted?

More information would sure help on this.

LockDoc

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-25-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Jason kitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 11:49 AM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
-
Was in an accident and I think the cab was shifted to the right side a little bit making the bed not fit. I'm going to change out the bushings on the cabmounts just don't know if it will move forward with everything in place.

If nothing is bent that would keep it from moving back to it's original position it should re-center itself when you replace the mounts and insert the bolts. Jack one side up at a time just enough to remove the old cushions and replace with the new ones. Make sure that none if the bolts are bent. I wouldn't tighten the bolts all the way down until you have everything set in place.

When you reply to a post click on the "Quote" button in the lower right hand corner of the window and type your reply below all of the text in the window, then click on "Submit Reply" below that...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-25-2022 at 11:58 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #5
tutone

This happened to me on a build a few years ago. The F/E was off and exposing the framerails. I could see that they were not bent. I used a one ton comalong to pull the back of the cab over but only to find out that the impact bent the back cab bolts. Bent bolts will keep you from moving it. LockDoc is correct. Make sure you have no frame issues and then invest in new bushings. The kit is about 75 bucks well spent. If you look closely at this photo, you will see the misalignment that I still had after pulling the cab over as far as possible. I added a before photo that I didnt know I had.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71

Last edited by tutone; 04-25-2022 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added content and picture
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote