The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2004, 09:43 AM   #26
GMC69

Well to come in from Detroit would take me about 8 hours just to get to the border plus the time in to get to him. So again it comes to my time spent and the amount of gas it would take to get there.

I will be going later this morning to see what I can find out about the cab. I will let you all know when I find out a price. But if labor and parts comes to around the 1,500$ mark I may just let them do it over the winter and get it back in the spring.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:22 AM   #27
GMC69

Alright, now for the final update for sometime on THIS truck.

I did get a few last pics when the cab was loaded on the trailer but I can't get the pics off my camera till tomorrow.

Now the bad news. I went to 2 different places and one guy looked at it really quick and said I was looking at an easy 2,000$ in repairs and that was not even getting into it to really look. Then I brought it to a place that actually restores cars and I know the owners. I was talking to their bodyman and wanted his honest opinion. He actually owns a nice 72 GMC LWB too. He took a good look at it and told me it was probably closer to 5,000$ in repairs. So I have pretty much decided that it is not worth putting that much $$$ into it. I am seriously considering getting the owner to look while he goes to the auctions in the U.S.( they deal in classic cars ) and look for a truck for me. Give him a dollar amount and what I want and for the price of fixing the cab alone I can get a good running truck that may just need a bit of body work and a paint job.

Then today I went to the annual car show and just got more depressed about the truck and now I really wanna get another one so I can drive it again.

I seen one truck there that I happen to know who owns it and it originally cam from his father right from the factory, then he ( son ) decided to rebuild it.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote