The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
BOSS
Just here to help

67 cst buckets

Hey guys i am trying to find out what i should do here.As some of you know i have had these buckets for over a year now,well i took them to a guy that is real good to recover them last december,Of course i had to pay first(yeah i know not very smart) well to make a long story short i picked them up last weekend in the same shape that i took them in.Thats right nothing done to them,and his mother told me when i got them that i would have to find someone else to do the seats because he wouldnt be out for a longgggg time.And also that i probably would never get my money back either,along with a long list of other people.Well needless to say i already have a small fortune in these seats so i am not sure i want to put more into them.I do have the foam and materiel he was going to use to do them.What would you suggest
1.Find someone else that can be trusted to do them,What do you think this would run me?
2.Sell the buckets and try to go a different route,What are they worth?
3.Do some research and try to cover them myself,I have never done anything like this before.
Thanx for the info,i will try to get some pics when i can,but i have lost the software to download pics from the cheap digi i got.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:47 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

James that sucks so bad, I'm sorry I think I would put them up for a few weeks till you calm down a lil. Knowing you as we do, I'd hate to see you sell them in haste to get out of it then regret it down the road. I hate to see anyone out money, been there many times too .. but maybe someone here can help you to redo them or give you enough guidence to do so without having to off em.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
cdowns

sorry,that pretty well sucks. but just put it behind you as a bad experience.
me i'd take them to a long established shop and bite the bullet and have them done up right

the first time you put your butt in those freashly done seats it will be worth every cent!!!!
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:01 PM   #4
dtlilly
Account Suspended

I'm sorry to hear about another misfortune, it seams to be getting near epidemic stage lately. At least you have them back in your possession, so your not completely lost. I'd try to do them yourself. Get a pair of hog ring plyers and post a thread asking for information and tricks of the trade. Who knows, you may end up finding a new profitable hobby
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:17 PM   #5
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

First off, small claims court is a good option depending on how much you are out. I'm not saying it will help you get any money, but it is well worth the satisfaction to make him show up or not show up and automatically lose the case. I used it on a smart @ss punk who said he would never pay me in a million years. He needed to sell his house and there on his credit history was a judgement that HAD to be cleared before he could sell. It was worth the $20 filing fee and the day out of work.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #6
cdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-burb
First off, small claims court is a good option depending on how much you are out. I'm not saying it will help you get any money, but it is well worth the satisfaction to make him show up or not show up and automatically lose the case. I used it on a smart @ss punk who said he would never pay me in a million years. He needed to sell his house and there on his credit history was a judgement that HAD to be cleared before he could sell. It was worth the $20 filing fee and the day out of work.
i think the deadbeat is in jail ,do you really think small claims is going to scare him straight??? it would be a good one for JUDGE JUDY!!!!!
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:40 PM   #7
BOSS
Just here to help

You are right cdowns he is in jail and i hear he is going to be there for a long time.At leaset he better hope they keep him to give me time to calm down a little....hehehehe

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote