The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2022, 12:13 AM   #1
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

I resized my mounting tabs and got two made tonight. I also got the one end of the rod welded into the seat bracket. I really like how clean it turned out on the inside with running the rod through the holes and welding from the outside. It is starting to roll along again!
Attached Images

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:30 PM   #2
Kronald_70GMC

Last night I got the rods all welded into the brackets. I was going to tack the front tabs in when I had a sudden realization that saved me a lot of headache. Since I am unsure where my bucket seat is supposed to sit from side to side inside the cab, I had figured that I would center it between the console and the door. It's a good thing I didn't just go with that as I had not taken the thickness of my door panel into consideration and I think the way I had it would have been too tight to the door and the armrest would contact the seat. I will have to get a measurement off my dad's truck as he is running factory bucket brackets. That way I will know where it sits in relation to the console. Gonna have to make up the back tabs and get the rest of it welded up.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2022, 12:18 AM   #3
Kronald_70GMC

I've measured, measured and measured again and I've finally nailed down the location of my seat. I ended up moving the outer most tab in towards the center of the cab one hole and was able to have the front tabs symmetrical with eachother using all stock floor mounting locations. The passenger side will be a little more challenging in that aspect but that will be a problem for another day. I have also confirmed that there are a small few differences in these buckets from passenger to driver seat which I had already suspected. If you look at the bottom of the seat bracket I have built, you can see how the rods are skewed about 1/2" from side to side. This actually sits parrelel to the hump in the floor where the front of the seat sits which tells me that the seat mount holes are not all in a line.
The other thing that I've accomplished tonight is the rear mounting tabs are now complete. So now that I have quadruple checked measurements and everything is sitting very nice and exactly where I wanted it, the next step will be welding the tabs on and that will complete the driver's seat mock up!
Attached Images