The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
chevychic

Hey all...just checking in!

I haven't been able to post much lately. I thought I'd drop in and give an update.
I decided to have the shop fix my t-case since I don't have the time to do it myself these days.
It's amazing how well it responds when the transmission and t-case are both working properly. The shift points are quick and hard and well it basically hauls ass now. I drove it today and had to pass someone so I get on it like I would to pass someone and it responded so quickly that it almost scared me

I got it back Friday and gave it some TLC on Saturday. It got a bath and full wax. My husband sold his car so he's driving my truck while he looks for a 90's or older jeep. Once he gets his jeep, I'm going to go to finally go to work on the interior. I'll post pics on my progress as I get them.

I have a new scrape to fix. It seems that people on my street can't drive Someone swiped my driver's side door with their mirror as they were driving past my truck. I have a nice 2 foot long surface scrap down the door. I was able to get alot of the scratches off with Meguiar's scratch remover. My truck is now parked off the street and will stay that way especially as I do more work to it.

I hope y'all are doing good!

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Hey Heather.

What??? You let your husband drive your truck??? That's brave - good for you. Sounds great that it's working well for you again (despite the idiot driver's on your street). I think every street has at least one.

Actually, I've been quite absent this summer as well. Life has been sooooo crazy and the truck is running well, so my time here has been limited. What little time I've had to do "greasy" stuff, has been spent on our Pathfinder.

So have a good one and help your husband find that Jeep. You belong in the driver's seat of that beautiful Scottsdale.

Last edited by Zilverado; 08-05-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
bigblock73
yeller

Long time no see. Glad everything is on track, sounds like there are some big changes coming (vehicle wise) for you and the family. Good luck on the truck, make sure you keep us posted.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:20 PM   #4
Blue Beard

Good to see you back on the board again.

Seems like quite a few people have been absent during the summer months.
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Hey girl. You don't have to be a stranger, you know?

Glad to hear you are getting everything worked out. As for letting the husband drive the truck. I'm the opposite. I wouldn't let my wife drive the 85. No way, no how. Of course she wouldn't want to, which works in my favor.

Anyway, I hope you get all the bugs out of it all and get back to some kind of normal lifestyle.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:34 AM   #6
chevychic

Thanks guys.

As for the husband driving the truck....well, I gave him the choice of driving my white VW Cabriolet, complete with flower seat and steering wheel covers and a flower decal in the window and which has always been and will always be dubbed a "chick" car, or drive my truck, which is permanently labeled CHV CHK on the license plate. He said he'll drive either but would prefer to drive the truck since it has a more testosterone look to it . Since I leave first in the morning, he drives whichever vehicle is still here.

As for not letting the wives drive the trucks, well that's a guy vs chick driver thing. I wouldn't let most women drive my truck either. Crazy women drivers...I'm pretty sure it was a woman that put both dents and scrape on my truck They give a bad name to the rest of us. Of course this probably sounds funny coming from me, but then I'm not your average woman.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
Old 08-06-2004, 08:56 AM   #7
Marty 57

Hi Heather, did you enjoy yourself at pizza last weekend? Was good seeing you. Glad the truck is up and running again, to bad about the dumb driver on your street. My wife doesn't drive my truck either, says its too big? she likes her 4 Runner.Ok have to run will yack at you later.............Marty (Robs dad)
Marty 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:40 AM   #8
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevychic
My husband sold his car so he's driving my truck while he looks for a 90's or older jeep. Once he gets his jeep, I'm going to go to finally go to work on the interior. I'll post pics on my progress as I get them.
He needs to buy my Jeep TJ.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #9
chevychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty 57
Hi Heather, did you enjoy yourself at pizza last weekend? Was good seeing you. Glad the truck is up and running again, to bad about the dumb driver on your street. My wife doesn't drive my truck either, says its too big? she likes her 4 Runner.Ok have to run will yack at you later.............Marty (Robs dad)

Hey Marty...you sure did leave in a hurry :p
I was hoping to at least get to chat a little more with ya. We had fun. I guess we missed all the action the night before but we still saw some decent cruizers. We hung out for a bit with Rob and Luke. After riding in Rob's truck, I think I need to get a bigger lift and bigger tires. I think 8" is the maximum lift I would want to go. Anymore than that and I'd need a ladder 6" would do good though.
Chat with ya Later Marty

Quote:
He needs to buy my Jeep TJ.
How much and what's shipping to 97501?

He's looking at one in Washington and another in Northern Ca (Sacremento). I might try to recruit a board member in the area to take a look at it for us.

- Christopher Robin
Old 08-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #10
KShortell

TJs are GREAT!

Of course, I do own one...
Old 08-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #11
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevychic
.....but then I'm not your average woman.

You sure are not. I can only imagine how a Q-jet would have looked after my wife got through with it.
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote