The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
FrankC

Anyone reproducing 67-72 Cabs?

I saw that Dynacor has been making earlier model cabs - but how about 67-72 cabs?

Someone mentioned a firm in California building them, complete with doors.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
67chevemall

Re: Anyone reproducing 67-72 Cabs?

Id like to know too.....
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
mbgmike

We are Dealers for Dynacorn but I don't think they have any plans right now. You can go to there site and ask them for any updates. personally off the record I think they should have done these years first.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

You could try a fiberglass one.. $7K --

Actually, you'd have better luck looking for a good used one and having it shipped to you. I suspect that would be a lot cheaper than a new metal one if they were to make one.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
m6z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post

Actually, you'd have better luck looking for a good used one and having it shipped to you. I suspect that would be a lot cheaper than a new metal one if they were to make one.
Yeah. The cabs that are currently reproducted are not cheap at all. You can buy nice trucks for just the price of a new cab.

Looking for a 67-72 short bed driver.....
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post

I agree. I have seen some really nice rust free cabs for around $1800 that is well below what it would cost to fix one or purchase new if they made one.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
FrankC

Gents,

I agree, an original rust free cab would be the way to go and that is what I normally do.

However, I was wondering - why wouldn't someone reproduce the whole cab, since so many components are almost available.

I would think it would be in line with the other Dynacorn bodies - 6-8k.

Frank

Frank
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
VA72C10
VA72C10

Precicely because they'd be at least 6-8k and you can get a rust free COMPLETE running longbed out west for less than half that...just saw a great one sell for under 2K with thousands worth of new parts included with it.

The cabs they reproduce are for vehicles with lower production numbers and dwindling supplies of good cabs. We're probably still 20 yrs from our trucks getting to that point if the current scrap trend continues....
Old 08-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
67chevemall

I hear ya...have been looking for a cab for a while now....be nice to have so I can switch back to un-chopped for mo money if I ever sold her..,..
Old 08-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevemall View Post
I hear ya...have been looking for a cab for a while now....be nice to have so I can switch back to un-chopped for mo money if I ever sold her..,..
If your cab is otherwise rust free you can replace the dash. I have a neighbor that has an old rusty cab with perfect dash sheet metal. He said he could drill out the spot welds and remove it. Even if I paid someone, I could have it installed in my truck a lot cheaper than the cost of a whole cab.

As mentioned above, at least for now there's enough good used cabs or cabs with minor rust areas that can be repaired fairly cheap. One just has to keep looking and be patient.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
67chevemall

Dash? It is the roof thats chopped up from the PO
Old 08-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
jtp67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Precicely because they'd be at least 6-8k and you can get a rust free COMPLETE running longbed out west for less than half that...just saw a great one sell for under 2K with thousands worth of new parts included with it.

The cabs they reproduce are for vehicles with lower production numbers and dwindling supplies of good cabs. We're probably still 20 yrs from our trucks getting to that point if the current scrap trend continues....
This cab I'm using proves the point about the longbed-paid $2500 for 1 owner long bed-sold most of long stuff--1800 left in cab,doors, front end--I'm very happy.............no rust..no rocker or cab corner change...but lots of looking before I found it.........jim
Attached Images

jtp67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #13
rob32472

Bringing this one back from the dead... looks like Eklers is offering one. Has any one ordered one?
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #14
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Holy cow - 10k!
  • All steel construction
  • Cab assemblies include doors (vent window delete) and hinges
  • Rolling casters for easier movement
  • Polyurethane cab mounts
  • Rust resistant EDP coating
  • Assembled in the USA
  • Officially Licensed GM Restoration Part
  • NOTE: Special Order-Please Allow 3-4 Weeks For Delivery
  • Preferred delivery to loading dock with forklift
This Chevy truck cab is assembled here in the USA with 100% real steel. The quality and craftsmanship of this cab surpasses that of even the originals! Modern technology and professional craftsmanship has been used to ensure this Chevrolet truck cab is the best available today. This assembly is manufactured using high-grade steel with modern welding techniques and EDP coated for rust prevention. If your old Chevy cab is to the point of retirement, instead of spending immense amounts of time doing body work, why not just replace it with a brand new reproduction from EcklersTrucks.
C10 cab assembly saves time and labor

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #15
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob32472 View Post
Bringing this one back from the dead... looks like Eklers is offering one. Has any one ordered one?

Here is a thread on new reproduction cabs.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/....php?p=8848893

There is another one on here somewhere but I couldn't find it with a quick search.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-03-2021 at 11:21 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

I don't trust Eckler's. First of all, they don't "make" anything. So it's not 'their cab'. Second, I am sure you could buy one about anywhere else that offers them and it will be cheaper. And I seriously doubt what they say about quality and workmanship surpassing the originals. Just what you need to tell the people experienced in trying to make all the other reproduction sheet metal to fit like it's supposed to. I'm happy to see the cabs available, which I already knew about, same as all the other reproduction parts. Beats a blank

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #17
djduggie

Looked at Dynacorn’s website a couple weeks ago and saw this.
http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com...k-cab-c10-k10/
Old 09-06-2021, 08:35 PM   #18
1972ochre4x4

Has anyone tried one of these cabs yet?
1972ochre4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #19
Zeroman

There are several companies reproducing the 67-72 cabs.

One is Adept Classic Bodies in Dallas.

Mr. C10 is another.

There is another out in Arizona, but I cannot remember the name.

I have heard good things about these cabs, but yes, they are pricey.

I would buy the cab and the doors. That way your doors will fit the cab without any rework.

Yes, they are expensive, but if your cab is totally gone, like mine was, then it is an option. I was lucky 8 years ago and found a really nice cab for an incredibly low price. That was a fluke.

I have a close friend who does metal work...only metal work. He does not do body work, or paint, but he does things the right way without cutting any corners. He sees a lot of really rusted out cabs, and people are amazed what it costs to rebuild.

I can tell you that is some cases this is a cheaper, and quicker, way to go if you cannot do the work yourself.
Zeroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #20
AJs72K5

In Arizona: https://www.premierstreetrod.com/

Gray Matter Build - 1972 K5 with some stuff
AJs72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:56 PM   #21
Grumpy old man

Buy a replacement body and you have to call DMV in your state to register it and have them apply a new vin tag . So for all your money you have a clone with a 2021 vin tag . Don't talk about swapping tags it's illegal and not allowed in here .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:43 PM   #22
Blue GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Buy a replacement body and you have to call DMV in your state to register it and have them apply a new vin tag . So for all your money you have a clone with a 2021 vin tag . Don't talk about swapping tags it's illegal and not allowed in here .
I have toyed with the idea due to my work situation. I have to drive a 6 year old or newer car with less than 125k on the clock as an original msrp of over 30k. They will let the mileage run over but not the age of the vehicle. I could build one with an LS or 3.6 have it titled as a 2021 and still look to be driving an old truck. Let the company pay me my .50+ cents per mile back sand sell it at the end of 6 years and come out way ahead. New trucks no longer make sense to buy and drive the miles I do.
Blue GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #23
May70

So the interesting thing is they use keyparts pieces to put a entire repro cab together (from pics ive seen). Anyone who has used repro panels should be astounded that they can put an entire cab together with aftermarket panels and it not be all kinds of 'out of wack'. They made a jig off a factory cab to fit the pieces together which I assume is where they get their "built to GM specs" phrase. There is no way they did it only based on the factory assembly manual. Premier street rod sells them with doors fitted so I would be super concerned with the fitment of the cab, everything going in the cab, the cab to the front clip etc.. They look nice in the pics though.

So far ive seen no reports (from anyone other than premier) using one in a build. Shipped is around 13k right now last I recall seeing. 13k is a lot of money but its not too far past having a badly rusted cab done by a shop, in sealer ready for light bodywork. I know a guy who has a shop in VA doing his cab and he is probably in it 8-10k for that exact point (ready for bodywork). At that point I think I would invest 6-8 and some time waiting for a cab with barely any rust, have it repaired and have a legit cab. Then you dont get into what grumpy brought up and you have the real deal. Granted if its sentimental just be willing to fork out the cash. Im also very particular and with going rates ~$150/hour, the quality doesn't match the cost pretty much 100% of the time for me.

Slightly off topic:

I couldn't afford to invest enough capital to get 'minimal rust package' at the time I bought my truck, at least I thought. I also paid too much for my truck. If I had waited until I got my present job I would have been in a better spot to buy a better starter but you just dont know. It is what it is now and I've spent a little more money so far and have hundreds of hours more learning/skill building. Its the experience that is worth it. I had also been kicking around for a long time starting a youtube channel because ive restored a bunch of stuff. I finally decided to pull the trigger because so many people on here were trying to repair these trucks but there wasnt much on youtube for doing that. At the time I had nearly finished my cab, unfortunately. I decided to repair another cab to record how-to videos on all the cab repairs. It ended up to be Bigmac73's since he lives relatively close up the road. Im not going to disclose prices but the deal was there would be no time expectation and im not a 'professional' so I was really clear on the quality. I will get my videos and he will get the the bottom of his cab redone at a great price. Plus he's a board member, Oklahoma boy and a Navy vet too so naturally I had to help him out. I don't expect to do any more cabs unless I build another truck. I don't have the time to work on my own projects much less other's.

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:42 PM   #24
CKfan

I know the purists among us hate buying repo parts and would have a fit over considering buying a whole "new" cab. But, in some parts of the country, these original parts are impossible to find and shipping is cost prohibitive. Besides, it's your project, do what fits your needs and budget.

I am currently doing a project that looked great when all together and covered up, but after stripping her down... Yikes! Snow ball time. After doing inners, outers, lower A pillars, floor patches, patching lower cowl, etc... (and as usual, had to modify every patch panel I had bought).... I started thinking about the Dynacorn cabs.

I just happen to live about a mile from their production site in Camarillo CA and decided to stop by today. They don't sell direct to public but I was told you can pick up your purchase directly from them via authorized dealer saving on shipping. The salesman showed me two examples of the 67-72 cabs which were great looking.

These things were built as close to perfect as I have seen (definitely better than I can do). They even come with doors which were gapped perfectly ($9k range picked up). Ready to go, minus seam sealer and paint prep. By the way, they now make Blazers also!

If you have a rusty mess and want to save hundreds of hours in labor and all your free time searching for every part and piece needed to "restore" or resto-mod a 67-72 this is an option. Although it doesn't fit what I normally do, I would consider a Dynacorn cab for a future resto-mod as the quality was impressive.

Getting a title and vin numbers is not my debate. I was just considering how sweet it would be to avoid my next tetanus shot.

Happy building
Attached Images

CKfan is offline   Reply With Quote