The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2023, 07:43 PM   #1
PaulJG

aftermarket front leaf springs

Curious if anyone has ordered any 47" 3 pack leafs for the front. I just wanted feedback about the product, where ordered. I was looking at truckspring out of MI..think the SKU is the same as Dorman. Had problems with their website but could be my phone. Wanted to see the pics. Dorman has a set and pics looks like it tapers down at the shackle end. I understand it should be 2 ¾" all the way through. Just looking for a stock set, no lift..though these are just over an inch arch.
Thanks for your input.
PaulJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:01 PM   #2
cdub2010

Re: aftermarket front leaf springs

I got the (22-402 springs) from truckspring in june of 2020. shipped fast and arrived fine. I debated between the 2 or 3 leaf for my 77 k20, went with the 3 leaf. I hated the ride at first now I just tolerate it. This truck has always rode like a crappy wagon so thats not saying much.

My truck is stored in the shed for now but i think they settled to a negative arch so no lift at all. I havent been off road yet but there is enough clearance for the 31's on it now. My cost was $220 shipped looks like they went up a bit.
cdub2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:11 AM   #3
PaulJG

Thats close to Amazon price.The pics arent necessary what they ship..but its tapered at the end. See pic. Makes me think it talers to less than 2¾" at end.
I plan to use a 3 pack. Maybe I should get the 3 pack toughcountry 2" lift. They look like a better built spring. Pic doesnt taler at ends. Have to search couple others. Springs are a big deal.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2023, 01:29 AM   #4
PaulJG

Non tapered leafs. I understand the bolt style retainer clils are better. I'd like to know what the rivets are for closer to the center. Wouldn't think you rivet 2 leafs together with all the flexing going on. More input needed.
Attached Images